Speed Up Firefox. Really Works!

Jesse

Reaction score
Woah! This really works! When i tried this tutorial i notice the pages loads faster. You guys should check this out.

This is a short tutorial on how to increase your internet by 375% Faster or higher.

So That You Can:

* Increase your browsing experience

* Play online games LAG free

* Load videos almost instantly

* Turn your slow internet connection into Broadband DSL or even T1

* Download anything faster with our "intelligent packet configurator"

* Increase Speeds Up To 375% Faster!

PLEASE NOTE: Only works for Mozilla Firefox

1) Open Mozilla Firefox.

2) In addreas bar type: about:config

3)Look for were it says "network.http.pipelining" to TRUE
(Double Click it until it says TRUE)

4)Look for "network.http.proxy.pipelining" to TRUE
(Same way as stated above)

5) Now. Right-Click Anywere then click "Create New" Then "Integer". Name it "nglayout.initialpaint.delay"
Then Click Ok,then put the number "0" (Zero) in the next box

6) Click OK,

7) Restart Firefox.

8) Feel The Difference in Speed

Last edited:

KeybladeSephi

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip, Jesse! I have a question though; does it remove anything from Firefox, or is everything the same, just faster? I have some Firefox add-ons and wouldn't want to reinstall them because your tip made them uninstall. Thanks =]

Cliff Dude

Reaction score
All it does is remove the pause between any browser action and it enables pipelining, which allows more than one connection to a server at once.

tittat

Reaction score
iam afraid, will that lead to any unstability or any security issues?

Jesse

Reaction score
no... it will not lead on any vulnerability or security issue.

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
I haven't noticed any increase in speed after following this tutorial. In fact if anything total page load times have increased; now, for some reason, images can take a long time to load.

I read somewhere that not all servers like pipelined requests, and that it can slow things down in some cases. I don't know much about this area, but I can say that having used this for a couple of weeks (I knew about it before this tutorial was around), I've not noticed much if any improvement. It may just be that I'm unlucky and can't make full use of this because of my ISP or something.

I would be interested to know how many people this has worked for.

David_Tiger

Reaction score
Thanks, I tried this tutorial and i can see an improvement on page loads and i can browse faster through pages but it has increased the resource usage a few K. not noticable on 6GB RAM and a 3.7GHz processor but still might cause troubles for the older PC's

Thanks again,
DavidTiger

Last edited:

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I've known about this for a while. Having more speed than a T1 here over DSL and only paying $40 a month (7.1Mbps (hits 1MB/s of download) and 1.5Mbps of upload 24/7), this won't matter to me really. When I tried the change, I noticed no difference in the speed.

Also, doing this will not make your games lag free on slower connections unless they are in Firefox. This setting is only for inside Firefox and not for external programs. Also notice to people whose ISPs like to throttle, because this is increasing the amount of connections that there are, your ISP may throttle as it may appear to be a P2P connection.

As for the pipelining, because of the nature of TCP, you have to download AND upload at the same time. Multiple connections will require that the upload is used heavier (mainly for larger files), and when the upload is maxed, your connection ultimately slows down due to TCP ACKs taking a longer time getting out to the server. I may be wrong though.

Last edited:

DarkDragonLord

Reaction score
Holy f**k!
X10 forums really got faster o_O
My website took a lil more time to load but then, showed everything at the same time.

Great one!

theafterthought

Reaction score
Sounds great, but I'd like to be sure you can revert back to normal after making these changes - is it just a case of setting pipelining back to 'false' and then deleting the new integer?

KeybladeSephi

Reaction score
I tried it, and I do admit, I can see a slight change in speed. Nonetheless, it was great =]

Adam01

Reaction score
HOLY SHI...
I definitely noticed the difference!

Last edited:

like2program

Reaction score
Firefox is set up for dial-up believe it or not.
This just optimizes it for broadband connections.