Speed Up Firefox. Really Works!

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
never tried it, but my guess is it will enable faster load speed with certain sites, but create lags with site that are not pipeline friendly. There is a reason why it's in default at false.

heinzketchup

Reaction score
awsome, i have a site that usally takes 2-3 minutes to load and this made it in about a half... how cool!!!

PS: no, cant tell ya the site because it's login required!

josephilipraja

Reaction score
very nice post yaar...!! :salute:

and as per crisp's info, I changed "network.http.pipelining.maxrequests" to 8

hmmmmm it really works fine... i can feel abt 100 - 200% speed up!! :happy:

oliveoil

Reaction score
fasterfox.mozdev.org/
its a firefox plugin that REALLY boosts ur performance...its great and i use it, try it out

Sohail

Reaction score
A good way to make it faster would be to get rid of the addons you don't need.

fierce

Reaction score
Holy **** ..this rly works ..thx alot man :)
EDIT: I feel like I got 10Mbps speed..and I got only 512kbps.

Last edited:

atomman

Reaction score
this post is highly misleading, at the very best. It reads like an add for the latest and greatest 'snake-oil' ("intelligent packet configurator" - sounds like something Steve Gibson would say). If you think it's too good to be true, it probably is. I won't bother to pick apart all the dubious claims, but i'll comment on 2:

3)Look for were it says "network.http.pipelining" to TRUE
(Double Click it until it says TRUE)

that's a great tip... as long as you don't mind NOT being able to connect to some servers which disallow pipelining or don't understand your browsers request.

5) Now. Right-Click Anywere then click "Create New" Then "Integer". Name it "nglayout.initialpaint.delay"
Then Click Ok,then put the number "0" (Zero) in the next box

this WILL make some pages load slower, not faster.

Forget "FasterFox" as well. It's nothing but another snake-oil cure-all that has been thoroughly debunked by various people, including some from Mozilla. Ask yourself; if this is such a great idea (not to mention speeding up browsing by >>>375%<<<), then why didn't the Mozilla boys set these values by default?

Lladnek82

Reaction score
Thanks for adding this tutorial. Firefox puts such a drain on my memory it's not even funny. I'll give it a try

~K

ozixtheorange53

Reaction score
I haven't ever really had a problem with FF's speed, especially in linux. I think the biggest slow-down though, is tons of extra plugins that aren't needed.

thealexturnershow84

Reaction score
I would recommend Firefox 4.0 Beta 7 (which is the latest beta available). It's really, really impressive with regard to speed.