Spore!

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
1 day left! Releases 4 september in europe :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: :biggrin::biggrin:.

I have pre-ordered it :p

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
I'm not too excited.. seems just like Sims with improved 3D. Also reminiscent of those eat-a-fish-to-become-a-bigger-fish type of games

burner35

Reaction score
Well I got mine on the 3rd as a pre-order and played it. WOW superb game play, super graphics. Possibly a great game better than the SIMS 2!

It's a MUST have game! ;)

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I like it. It's sure not the greatest game ever but it's good. I love the customizing you can do in the later parts of the game, I just don't like the micro managing I have to do. I want a "auto gather" button for food and stuff in the tribal age.

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
The graphics are really great! Well, not realistic but you can see like veeeery far.

Lol I got abducted by aliens or something

fempower

Reaction score
I so want to play this (I'd try to make bunnies that take over the universe). But I've got a large backlog of games and not ever enough time...

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
What is it even about?

...I can't tell if you're joking or not (tons of hype for like the last two years) so I'll try to give the basic version of it.

You start as a multicellular organism, growign larger and larger and evolving new parts until you evolve enough to grow legs.

Now you're a creature (either herbivore or carnivore depending on your decisions during the cell stage), and must eat and kill/make friends to survive. Once you've evolved enough, your creatures become intelligent and form a tribe.

At this point it feels kinda like The Sims somehow, cept The Sims didn't tend to let you go to war... But anyways, you must now either befriend or kill (noticing a trend?) the other tribes to evolve into a City.

City = Civilization it seems, cause it boils down to "make more $, buy out other cities, or attack them to convert them."

Then enters the space stage, which is so hard to describe I'm going to point at Wikipedia and have you look there :)

Or look for the 30+ minute videos on youtube, theres some of the Game Dev converences on it; theres two areas that were in videos that I don't believe are in the actual game - in the videos theres a stage between cell and creature which is missing (think Otters and Dolphins), and theres a plant developer that isn't in the game yet either. As a note though that plant development thing is supposed to be a separate release sometime later.

But yeah. I've clocked 22 hours since Friday not including today. We've got an addict right here *points to self*

Edit: Doh! forgot the link to wiki. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spore_(2008_video_game)

Last edited:

intertec

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. And I was being serious. Didn't have a clue what its about. Heard of it. but didn't know about it. Sounds like a good game. Might go borrow it from Blockbuster!

gabo883

Reaction score
I dunno. I bought the spore creature creator and it wont even run on my computer. After I installed it it just stops loading from the "Spore" screen. I went online and found out I am one of hundreds of players that have a dis with selective running options. Meaning even though I have all the requisites, and even surpass most, the game won't run on my computer... because it wont.

It did once... and that was about it. I got to the main menu and then it shut down.

I totally feel like I wasted my money on it... and I REALLY wanted to play it ;_;

opine4me

Reaction score
Anyone out there playing the iPhone version? I got it and I like it OK... however, it doesn't read the accelerometer quite as well as I'd like. Hopefully they'll fix this in the first update.

krysber

Reaction score
Well I played it for a little while and had gotten bored.... then have tried it again and have been having a bit of fun creating strange creatures. Can be quite fun at times.

krysber

Reaction score
Yeah, had my kids try it and they loved it... really enjoyed the 2nd stage...

shay_pet.jpg

isaac_pet.jpg

Last edited:

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Yeah, had my kids try it and they loved it... really enjoyed the 2nd stage...

Haha Nice :D.
I don't like the secuROM now... After I read it did install lot of files hidden without your knowledge. Taht would be classed as malware/spyware/adware

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Haha Nice :D.
I don't like the secuROM now... After I read it did install lot of files hidden without your knowledge. Taht would be classed as malware/spyware/adware

Actually, SecuROM is classified as a rootkit since it installs itself to the system kernel and runs under adminstrative priveledges in Kernel Space. It does this on every Windows OS Except for Vista 64-bit which I happen to run. There are easy ways to remove it, but it involves running a batch file, and some picking around in the system registry.

theterminator

Reaction score
Well the first parts of this game which are the best go by very fast, the civilization part of the game isn't that fun in my opinion. They also could've added better multiplayer. Also the DRM Protection on it is very annoying(you can't install it more than 3 times...)