SQL Database

Status
Not open for further replies.

unident3

Reaction score
With a free hosting account am I able to connect to a database that is not hosted by x10Hosting? I am hosting my data base on my server rig, but my isp restricts port 80 and is not willing to make an exception so I needed a webhost however I would like to host the database myself, is that a possibility. Seems that everytime I try to connect to it I get a generic error code.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
With a free hosting account am I able to connect to a database that is not hosted by x10Hosting?
due to the large security risk - x10hosting's free-hosting accounts do not have remote MySQL database access (both incoming and outgoing from the account) - x10hosting's firewall blocks all remote database access

unident3

Reaction score
due to the large security risk - x10hosting's free-hosting accounts do not have remote MySQL database access (both incoming and outgoing from the account) - x10hosting's firewall blocks all remote database access
Isn't the risk my own?

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
No, it's not, since individual user activity can get entire servers and domains blacklisted.

unident3

Reaction score
Does this relay to all connections?
This is my live site:
58142a92b5.png

This is the site running on my machine:
9118f806cc.png

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm sorry, but we have a firewall that automatically blocks communication through outgoing non-standard ports. That means that you will be able to, for example, connect to websites on port 80, but you won't be able to ping a game server.

While this is obviously in place to prevent abuse (i.e. outbound attacks), unfortunately there's no way for us to make exceptions for individual accounts here (because it is a server-wide firewall).

Status
Not open for further replies.