SQL is down.. no need to panic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonathanyaniv

Banned
Reaction score
Guys,

I highly doubt there is anything wrong with your usernames and password for MySQL. My site is down as well, "Error establishing database connection" at http://www.jonathanyaniv.com

I'm sure this will be fixed soon.

No need to panic.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
And for what it's worth, so far everyone reporting problems is on Stoli, so whatever it is, it's not the actual mysql server itself (x10 moved it off of the free hosting servers themselves a while back now, so the server is still there or all the servers would be having problems).

That means the data's still there, you just can't get to it for the moment :)

Last edited:

jonathanyaniv

Banned
Reaction score
Oh I can get to the data, via phpMyAdmin, but its very slow to access my database.

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
phpmyadmin is very slow over here on Lotus at the moment. I'm trying to backup a database, and its a 1.75MB file...its been downloading for the last hour at around 100 bytes/second.

jonathanyaniv

Banned
Reaction score
Well in that case, thinking about it, it could also be that the SQL server on stoli / lotus is overloaded? Hence, why its down / slow

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Its been a bit wobbly for the last few days, generally since the last patch was applied to the servers about 2 weeks ago.
Should be fixed soon, though. After all of the support threads, I'm sure admin would have found it difficult not to notice.

jonathanyaniv

Banned
Reaction score
They should have the resources spread out

For example, one server hosting MySQL, one hosting Mail, the other hosting Apache.

Split up the load a bit..

Or for cost efficiency, VM.

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
They should have the resources spread out

For example, one server hosting MySQL, one hosting Mail, the other hosting Apache.

Split up the load a bit..

Or for cost efficiency, VM.
That would be ideal, but not really realistic. All of the accounts would have to be on one server, and so that would cause high load. Also, that would also cause the problem, that, if apache, say, was to completely fail, all of the accounts would be without http; not just a server's worth.

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
there seems to be some issues, the admins are currently working on it and it should be fixed asap

Status
Not open for further replies.