Resolved SSL Certificate from CPanel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toffmonster

Reaction score
I'm on x12.x10hosting.com, and I have Secure SSL enabled. It used to work fine but now it's expired. Searching the forum revealed that X10 no longer uses Cpanel SSL certificates.
What are my options now? I tried disabling SSL, but when I reenable it the expired Cpanel certificate appears again.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Your best option is to use CloudFlare or etc. They connect to x10, then proxy the connection securely to your users. If you require more freedom over your SSL certificate, you would probably have to go to x10premium. But, most people using CloudFlare are happy and SSL is a headache that CloudFlare makes very simple.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Your site will no longer attempt to use the outdated cPanel cert. It will use the server certificate, which still will give an error as it is does not match your domain.

Free hosting itself does not support using true SSL, but if you have a custom domain you can as suggested by @garrettroyce use CloudFlare and their flexible setting to get encryption.

Since we are no longer using cPanel for free hosting, it won't be possible to get a cPanel certificate anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.