Resolved SSL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

artjoyli

Reaction score
Is it possible to install an SSL certificate.
I cannot find any way to do so in directadmin?

All best,
Rob

Last edited:

artjoyli

Reaction score
I've upload a cert from Letsencrypt
could you help me install it. All best, Rob

artjoyli

Reaction score
Just reading previous member posts about this issue. Perhaps I should wait before trying to connect cloudfair or etc. Does it need to be enabled your side first... hope your all coping. Best R

asmcavia

Reaction score
I believe that currently the free plan does not include the ability to install an SSL certificate. However, you can use Cloudflare as an SSL proxy, which I currently do with my own site here. X10Hosting free plans do support Cloudflare Railgun, which encrypts all the traffic between Cloudflare and X10. So if you set your site to use Cloudflare as a proxy, then you can enable Cloudflare's Flexible SSL and Railgun, the combination of which will give your site users encrypted connections from their browsers all the way to the web server (with the caveat that Cloudflare can see the traffic because they are the middleman, but I trust Cloudflare).

Hope that helps.

artjoyli

Reaction score
Good points Asmcavia. I'd like to know what support/can do think before changing anything. Also The extra, middleman as you put it brings more potential for errors on different systems/browsers etc.

artjoyli

Reaction score
It seems a Let'sencrypt verification is really possible without cloudflare in the directadmin help pages I found. Morning folks :)

artjoyli

Reaction score
Whenever I try to update a .well-known/acme-challenge folder(file method) the verification cant be found, also updating a txt record (dns method) has no result. Is this because of the SSL area being turned off. The verifications/certs are free, confused...

artjoyli

Reaction score
Could I also request a disk space increase please. Sorry to keep posting.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Free hosting do not support installing a certificate with the current settings (and I know of no plans to change that right now), and those tips you linked to requires SSH access which is not available for free hosting users.

As for diskspace upgrade, you do not currently meet the requirements, you would need to use at least half of what you already have.

artjoyli

Reaction score
Followed the instructions exactly, now cloudflare is working but I cant log into wordpresss or see the site. What I wanted to avoid. ho hum.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
You can not have wordpress URL setting to use https as the server itself still can't properly use it. Wordpress always tries to redirect to the configured domain, meaning that when cloudflare connects the server it will attempt the https version that as you noticed does not work.

I modified the URL for wordpress in the database and it now works properly.

artjoyli

Reaction score
really?? All Im seeing is " Apache is functioning normally " on a blank screen
or Error 404 on mobile

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, I get a working page on the .com domain. You might need to clear browser cache (or force reload with ctrl + f5 if your browser supports it).

artjoyli

Reaction score
:[ oh. deactivated really simple SSL plugin. Tried the cloudflare one, was sort of working only on one or two pages, deactivated that, enable original really simple plug, hit enable SSL, now completely caput. Weird how you saw it working, that would be cos your on the original server would it....

artjoyli

Reaction score
I cleared all the caches like you said, maybe its a propogation things, Im too impatient and then broke it I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.