starka blocking my IP

Status
Not open for further replies.

lukoot

Reaction score
hi
starka server has blocked my IP again Ashley from your support team unblocked it for me but it seemed to only last 5-10 minutes then everything went down my website,website admin account and cpanel all time out again i have also pinged them and get timed out with 100% packet loss so i assume the starka firewall puts a time limit on my IP then blocks it again

Edit: would it be possible to escalate this post please

Last edited:

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
Are you using FTP to upload files by any chance when this happens?

lukoot

Reaction score
Are you using FTP to upload files by any chance when this happens?

no lemon-tree just looking through the pages and sub-menu's then within a few minutes if i go to another page it will time out and thats it i cant view anything on the server ie: website web builder or cpanel

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
The most common reason for server to block access would be too many failed login attempts to cPanel or ftp.

Did you try to login but failed to do so when it happened?

lukoot

Reaction score
The most common reason for server to block access would be too many failed login attempts to cPanel or ftp.

Did you try to login but failed to do so when it happened?

no Anna i have never had a failed login attempt on cpanel or my website builder
Ashley unblocked my IP for me about a hour ago now so i checked my website it loaded no problem,checked my cpanel it loaded no problem then i logged into my website builder had a look round then when i clicked to a different page it just timed out now they all time out again before the page loads just like they did before Ashley unblocked my IP

lukoot

Reaction score
please close thread problem seems to be fixed now i will open another ticket if i need to thankyou

Status
Not open for further replies.