Starting an Internet Radio Station

mcklovin

Reaction score
I have a server, I want to start a streaming audio station on. Bandwidth won't be a problem. Everything I want to stream is pre-recorded in the .ogg file format. So basically my question is, is there a way to upload all this to the server, and make it playable by one click of a button?

Sorry if that's not very clear.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Have you considered looking into Shoutcast? I believe x10Radio uses that software to stream their music.

disturbedart

Reaction score
If you want a really cheap shoutcast server give me a pm, but if your wanting to start a internet radio make sure you have license for any copyrighted material as many sites go under because they fail to cover this area. If the songs are yours then all is fine. Also if you need help starting out, i recommend my Radio Network where we promote younger and newer Stations, all for just a banner placement.

Give us a shout if you need any help as i run a medium sized radio station already.

www.pulseempire.com

Cheers,
Dj ZinX/DisturbedArt

kkenny

Reaction score
I have a server, I want to start a streaming audio station on. Bandwidth won't be a problem. Everything I want to stream is pre-recorded in the .ogg file format. So basically my question is, is there a way to upload all this to the server, and make it playable by one click of a button?

Sorry if that's not very clear.

there's this thing called shoutcast.
you use winamp to play a song, winamp transferrs it to your server, and your server transfers it to all of your listeners.

not sure if it solves your problem.

cursedpsp

Reaction score
Well i use Windows Media Encoder - my sound card is ancient so it wont pick it up but it streams high quality objects, either by pushing or pulling to a server. It can also stream videos.

If that answers your question ^^ - it also backs up as it streams so there is a copy of what its done.

mcklovin

Reaction score
Windows Media Encoder seems good enough for what I am going to do, I was considering a shoutcast server, but I will only have a show maybe once or twice a month. I also found some very nice plugins to accomplish this with wordpress.

allinone

Reaction score
there must be some software available in ajax also coz it have all functions for audio streaming and its better and refresh less...

socialnu2

Reaction score
This is also an idea that im considering, but not sure about the audience being there. :(

datekiss

Reaction score
I have started my own project, at www.playfm.org. But i need assistance in getting licences and funding. Ive got the site ready for use, and have had very good feedback.

If you would like to purchase the site from me, or help by funding then please contact me at : ashleybale123@yahoo.com

Kind Regards
Datekiss

zen-r

Reaction score
Hi datekiss. I'd have thought you're better off starting a new thread, as this one's nearly a year old now.