Stoli MySQL Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
The updates the other day seem to have caused an issue with MySQL on Stoli. We are currently investigating. At the moment I have shut down the MySQL server to prevent access while we investigate some files that were changed from the updates.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
If you're on Stoli and having issues with MySQL please post here what issue you're having.

renrabbit

Reaction score
Mine was having a problem of missing tables, but it is fine right now. Thanks!

soupcantheatre296

Reaction score
I'm on the Stoli server and I've been having a HUGE problem with my database (I strongly suspect related to the issue you are refering to). I've outline my issue in great detail in this thread: http://x10hosting.com/forums/free-hosting/156576-database-error-re-wordpress-site.html

I sincerely hope you can get this sorted out as soon as possible - my site has been completely down and innaccessible for 3 days now.

Thank you very much for your help! Despite this rather unfortunately hiccup, I've been very thankful for your services :)

wc3garage82

Reaction score
For my website
seems that i'm missing a table:

#1017 - Can't find file: 'mybb_threadviews' (errno: 2)

at the database's table lists it says:

mybb_threadviews in use

thats my issue now
oh and another one, sometimes, when I try to backup a database, it sometimes says a random Table doesn't exist error

martin149

Reaction score
I Cannot see any database that i have added to a a user, it said "no databases"

rmu1392

Reaction score
I think the only way to resovle this issue is for the user to reinstall there databases from a back up, then delete there old database, thats what i did, now everything is working fine. It's to big an issue for admin to sort out when it can be easily resolved by installing a back up and changing the database name to a new one then reconfiguring config file to point to the new database

This is my website which hasn't worked for nearly a week and now it's fine, took me 5 mins to fix by doing what I said above,
http://informationation.x10.bz/

Thanks

stetrii90

Reaction score
I haven't checked the MySQL database but all of my files in the file manager are gone. Anything in the database won't matter since the only table created was the one I used for learning MySQL and PHP code. But why were all of my files erased? I can easily start over but I want to know that this isn't going to happen again.

anoviceyup

Reaction score
I'm on Stoli too.

Although WordPress has no trouble accessing the database, I cannot log into it using phpMyAdmin from Cpanel. Every time I click the phpMyAdmin link in Cpanel, I get a login screen from phpMyAdmin. (It never happened like that before. I'm normally logged in automatically if I click that link.) If I log into phpMyAdmin using my Cpanel username/password, I get an invalid password. If I log into phpMyAdmin using my database username/password, my database is empty.

But the strange thing is that WordPress is still able to successfully access the database.

wc3garage82

Reaction score
about my post earlier, i just re-created the database 'cause the table wasn't that so important

but after that, i try recounting mybb's statistics (recount & rebuild tool) and it takes time, then after long time of loading, it would give me a 500 internal server error. but the database repair is just working properly

denzil

Reaction score
I just had some missing tables earlier on (yesterday), but all seems back in order now.

ddlmovie

Reaction score
First one of my websites got listed as a potentially harmful website in google index for no reasons. Their wasnt even any upload activity for several days (usms.co.in). Two days later, files were cleaned out from my wordpress directory. It had a sub directory that wasnot related to wordpress, that also got deleted. When i restored a backup, i found out there was a problem with Mysql. I logged into phpmyadmin, although names of all my databases appeared but none of the tables were appearing. Now my wordpress folder is again cleaned out.

jdscdd13

Reaction score
For the last 2 days website has been down.
'Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL'
read on the forum about stoli mysql issues so though i'd wait to see if it rectifies itself.

Just checked the server again, still no access.
Checked phpMyAdmin and my database has disappeared.
'No databases associated with this account'
What do I do now do I start again from scratch, or is there a way to get it back.
:confused:

zeroark

Reaction score
I'm on Stoli. Once I check my databases on Cpanel, they are there (I have two databases) both are 0.00 MB. Then I go and check in phpMyAdmin, I get a "No databases found" there.

The weird thing about this is that my websites didn't worked from Friday till Monday. (The databases couldn't be found) ... But yesterday they started working normally - even with the errors stated above - So I was just reporting. For now I'm Ok with this, but in some days / weeks I might have to make some changes to the data and, since I can't see the databases, I think I won't be able to do it.

Thanks in advance guys!

rmu1392

Reaction score
about my post earlier, i just re-created the database 'cause the table wasn't that so important

but after that, i try recounting mybb's statistics (recount & rebuild tool) and it takes time, then after long time of loading, it would give me a 500 internal server error. but the database repair is just working properly

Forget about check or repair in my case they did nothing
Ok this is what i did, logged into cpanel, went to "MySQL Databases" (not MySQL Databases
wizard) created a new database, (ie, old one was "jo152" made new one "jo153" to keep
things simple) then went down the bottom of the page and associated that database with

my user name in the "Add User To Database" tool. Once that was done i went into "phpMyAdmin"
and pulled up the new database (ie, "user_jo153" which was empty), then I went to the
backup database on my computer and change the name of the database file from
"localhost.sql" to the new name "user_jo153.sql" i then opened that database with Wordpad
and scrolled down not far from the top until I came to the line:

CREATE DATABASE `user_jo152` DEFAULT CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci; USE `user_jo152`;
and deleted it. other wise it will try and create a new database which you dont want it to
do as you have already created an empty one in the previous step.

then just above that line you have just deleted is a line that says:
Database: `user_jo152`
or what ever your old database is called change that to the new database name in my case
it was:
Database: `user_jo153`
now go back to "phpMyAdmin" and click on 'import" browse to the file we have just finished
with and upload it, hopefully if you done everything right you should get the green
writing comformation that everything uploaded correctly,
now go file manager " Web Root (public_html/www) " and scroll down to "configuration.php"
make sure the file permissions are set to (644 and not 444) open file with edit, scroll
down to "var $db = 'user_jo152';" or what ever your old one is called and change the
database name to the new one in my case it was change from var $db = 'user_jo152'; to
var $db = 'user_jo153';
save and check website in my case it fixed it.

Last edited:

mkmemo6966

Reaction score
i have this error
[function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'username'@'blah.blah.blah.x10hosting.com' (using password: YES) in /path/page.php on line XX
and when i log to phpmyadmin it promote mt to put username and password but i don't remember that I've set a user and a pass ....
is it the same database username and password???
i hope you'll fix that soon.

---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 PM ----------

i have this error
[function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'username'@'blah.blah.blah.x10hosting.com' (using password: YES) in /path/page.php on line XX
and when i log to phpmyadmin it promote mt to put username and password but i don't remember that I've set a user and a pass ....
is it the same database username and password???
coz i've entered both Cpanel and database username and pass but it return
"#1045 Cannot log in to the MySQL server"
i hope you'll fix that soon.

mike omar

Reaction score
I have more databases than I am allowed. 4 of 2. I think they are old databases that came back after deleting them.

ray45378

Reaction score
I have more databases than I am allowed. 4 of 2. I think they are old databases that came back after deleting them.

Yes that happened to me, I only had one database. When I finally got back into cPanel there were two. One was an old one that had been deleted...So I just deleted it again.

mike omar

Reaction score
Yeah, strange.

Should we delete them ourselves or will they just go away when the problems are resolved?

Status
Not open for further replies.