Stoli situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calystos

Reaction score
Anyone have a clue whats happening with Stoli?

Its been 4 days now so thought I'd enquire to see if anyones heard anything.

Since I like many people are just getting that normal default page, and not sure about anyone else but I can't even ftp to my sites url atm cos it just keeps saying authentication errors. Yet thankfully I was able to backup my entire site and sql databases before all this carry on. (Though if you FTP direct to Stoli's IP you, like I, will find all your files still nicely intact. And likewise if you access a website using Stoli's IP and the :2082 you can still get to your database and other things via cPanel, so I advise everyone to back everything up just incase!!!!) Oh and I don't know if its normal (since that part of my ticket was never actually answered) but my sites IP wasn't the same as Stoli's, was anyone else having this problem?

And don't anyone bother saying open a ticket (which is nearly the answer from everyone these days it seems, lol), I've got one open but its not been properly answered, and this question here doesn't require a ticket anyways I'm just enquiring to see if anyone else has any news and not asking for any actual support as such.

I recall it was a bit iffy when they moved servers a while back. Then it all got sorted 100%, everyones sites were up all the time an no problems. Then 4 days ago a certain thing hit a certain fan. And now nothing, :-(

Anyone have any clue whats happening, or should we start changing (up or downgrading) from using Stoli to a different x10 server perhaps?

Oh, and I've read that people have changed their hosts to point to their servers right IP and thats fixed things for them. Would that work for myself and others who're having this exact issue with our URLs not pointing to the servers IP? If so, could we have the heads up on how to do this, or could someone let the staff know to do it so we can get our sites back?

Last edited:

istore_admin

Reaction score
x10 are recovering from some major dns issues, They had solved a dns problem earlier yesterday and this is probably why some sites have been having troubles connecting. If you get any major problems, i recommend that you create a ticket at http://support.x10hosting.com

karhukat

Reaction score
I'm on stoli and I put a ticket in on the 12th. It hasn't helped. The first response that I received said it was a DNS issue the second said "There is still currently work with the servers. It will probably be fixed when the new site is up." One post said there was a hard drive failure but who knows for sure. Stoli is down for 4 days now. That should at least warrant a server alert and an eta for when it might be back up.

jessesopher

Reaction score
Yeah, I'd really love to know what is going on. It's not a big deal when my site goes down because it's basically just a portal and personal homepage with links to my online profiles. But it's kind of a big deal right now because I run my email through this service. So because everything is down, my email has been down as well.

I've generally been very happy with x10, but if the email doesn't go back up in the next day or so, I'm going to be forced to move somewhere else....

Any idea when this will be resolved? Last I heard is that the only guarantee is that it will be back up when the new site goes up, which they say will be "before the end of the year." That could be as long as December 31. I can't wait that long...

istore_admin

Reaction score
The server status page shows stoli as being up and running but i have heard that there is a known DNS issue. Try opening another support ticket because yesterday i opened one for ftp issues and it was sorted out within an hour.

Calystos

Reaction score
Well, I don't know about anyone else but it seems my sites back up. Cept of course, like many many other people a LOT of files were missing and also the lovely php security issues are back, even though I like many others are on level 2 its coming up with security issues from level 1, lol.

(Thankfully though all my files and databases are still on the proper stoli IP which my site and everyone elses still doesn't point to. So if anyones having problems and wants their files or databases/etc, simply connect via ftp to x10stoli.x10hosting.com aka 216.245.212.210 - and change to http:// and add :2082/ if wanting to go to cPanel for databases/etc)

The joys of ticket time, haha.

Last edited:

mlaclub

Reaction score
I posted a support ticket and was told that the hard drive failed and it would take 2 days to rebuild it from backups. It has now been 4 days and no more replies.
At least now I can access cpanel, my databases seem intact however all of the files are missing.

Chris

Calystos

Reaction score
Well thankfully I just got a reply to a ticket I had,

The PHP error should solve itself soon. We are moving Stoli to a different server currently.
Please let us know if it is still present in 24 hours.

--
Christopher
x10Hosting Server Technician
www.x10hosting.com
Merry Christmas!

So hopefully it'll all be fully up an running properly again soon, :)

nandifamily

Reaction score
Yeah, I too am facing the similar problem since 5 days. My site's IP is 174.36.10.70 and it was facing problems. However, stoli.x10hosting.com is 216.245.212.210. I have already made up a backup of my files then used my own DNS servers instead of ns1 and ns2.x10hosting.com to point my IP to 216.245.212.210.:biggrin: I had also sent a ticket but did not get any reply till date.:mad:
Also, before changing my DNS service, I saw that the new stoli was having php problems and my wordpress was not running. The SiteBuilder and Fantastico modules were also faulty.:nuts:
I request you all to please notify me when the new Stoli server comes back into order and so that I can revert my DNS settings to ns1 and ns2.x10hosting.com and IP back to 174.36.10.70.:lockd:
You may either post in this topic or PM me. I will be really grateful if you help me!:happysad:

Anyway, have a wonderful Merry Christmas.

bfagassiz

Reaction score
My site is also still down. Posted a ticket on the 15th got the same response other have been getting about the HD failure.

Anyone have any news?

*edit* Mine had been down previous to the 15th thats just when i put the ticket in. The 12th sounds about right

Last edited:

karhukat

Reaction score
Mine is still down too! Since the 12th

I put the first ticket in on the 12th and I posted the response earlier in this thread. I put another ticket in on the 16th. That was placed on hold without a response.

Corey closed the Changes \ Information thread with "Going to open a new thread with another update shortly". That was three days ago!!

nandifamily

Reaction score
Stoli seems to have been fixed. And they have abandoned Fantastico for Site Software.

Calystos

Reaction score
Well it was fixed, for a time. Now a new problem has arisen (and yes I have a ticket in about it).

Don't know if anyone else has this issue yet but my entire sites gone dead. I can't even access via ftp (less I use Stoli's old IP then everythings fine).

They finally got the server up again properly, then the php issue sorted and now this... :-(

hommetotem

Reaction score
Yes I also got my site back, working one day just to be plagued now by memory errors like in this post

http://forums.x10hosting.com/free-hosting/92811-problem-ad-free.html

Well anyway it doesn't matter much, I will fix that by going elsewhere like many people do recently. I know that everything is supposed to become incredible with the new site, but I also know that one month after they will probably come again with some kind of "fantastic" upgrade that will mess everything again because they won't plan a smooth upgrade procedure.

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
I had the default x10 page created on my account, although all my files and settings remained intact. All i had to do was delete the page.

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I had the default x10 page created on my account, although all my files and settings remained intact. All i had to do was delete the page.

Thats what I did with my site, it was working perfectly. I had my account deleted on request, and am waiting to receive the confirmation e-mail for the new account I made to start with the Biggest Forum On the Web,....23489 or something like that amount of minutes left for the confirmation. : (

Or is this an error, that I may have created while signing up again?

malcomhfc1875

Reaction score
nandi you might wanna remove that christmas link to that website it goes to. The minute i landed on that website my anti virus popped up saying something bout a virus. Then firefox ran slow and kept freezing.

Status
Not open for further replies.