Subdomain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

Yes you can add another x10 subdomain, Go to your cPanel and add freereads.x10.mx as addon domain.
Wait for few moments and it will work.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll have to correct you on that Zubair, just tested on my free account and it gives me an error.

If you need a secondary domain I'm afraid you'll have to look into other options for free (or paid) domains from a third party.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
The error I get when trying to add-on an x10.bz domain is:

Sorry, you are not allowed to park common domains.

which is interesting since I was not trying to park the domain, but use it as an add-on. Not sure if it is a bug or just a bad error message.

Also, the system used to allow you to add x10.bz domains as add ons. My account has one.

ace_case

Reaction score
I can confirm that it is not letting me add that domain. Is it something only an Admin could do, or is it simply not allowed? Or I guess it could be a bug or something.

ace_case

Reaction score
I look a little online, and this seems to be a cPanel thing. Does it not allow this because the root is in use? From a different point of view, it may consider this the same as trying to do freereads.google.com, but I am no expert in this kind of thing, just guessing on it.

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
This used to be possible but no longer is because we needed to add the "root" domains (x10.mx, x10.bz, etc.) to system accounts as cPanel would otherwise occasionally allow people to hijack them. A side effect of this is that you can't park subdomains of it without administrator intervention.

I cannot add your requested addon domain to your account, since addon domains also use up a subdomain slot, and you already have the maximum amount of subdomains in use for your account.

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
Yes, if you were to remove your extra subdomain (the freereads one) I should be able to add the domain to your account.

ace_case

Reaction score
Yes, if you were to remove your extra subdomain (the freereads one) I should be able to add the domain to your account.
When will this be done? I removed it yesterday, and have been waiting. Most of my members do not know how to access my website without the subdomain.

Status
Not open for further replies.