Subdomains

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris5858

Reaction score
Why is it that we can only have three subdomains. There are other hosts that allow 50 or more, for free. I am more than willing to switch should I find the need.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Good luck at your new host.

chris5858

Reaction score
you expect to keep customers like that? Why do you have that limitation anyway?

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score

First of all, you're not a customer, you're using our services for free. According to Dictionary.com, a customer is "a person who purchases goods or services from another; buyer; patron."

If you want more subdomains, you can either purchase our Double All upgrade (link found in cPanel) or purchase our premium services (one plan of which provides unlimited subdomains).

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
or, put x10's ads on your site and upgrade to ad-enhanced hosting, which gives you more of everything.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score

I don't want "customers" that threaten to leave because they don't like the way things are, especially when they're free. I'm sorry we're not giving away ENOUGH of something to satisfy you.

leafypiggy

Staff member
Reaction score
/me makes a note to avoid corey for a bit. ;)

I think we should resurrect the "If you don't like it, leave" thread?

chris5858

Reaction score
First of all, you're not a customer, you're using our services for free. According to Dictionary.com, a customer is "a person who purchases goods or services from another; buyer; patron."

If you want more subdomains, you can either purchase our Double All upgrade (link found in cPanel) or purchase our premium services (one plan of which provides unlimited subdomains).
Did you really not know what I meant? Maybe I am not paying, but I am using your service so I count somewhere.

I don't want "customers" that threaten to leave because they don't like the way things are, especially when they're free. I'm sorry we're not giving away ENOUGH of something to satisfy you.
What I really don't like is that you never answered my original question.

/me makes a note to avoid corey for a bit. ;)

I think we should resurrect the "If you don't like it, leave" thread?
I got the hint. Was that really necessary to put there, or are you just posting pointless, irrelevant things to raise your post count?

coolv1994

Reaction score
The point of limatitions for free users is so that 'customers' will want to upgrade and purchase better services and help the owner get money to help pay for free and paid serveices. This is how any buisness works it's just a common way to to get money for services. Like Corey said if you don't like it, leave or buy a premieum hosting pack. Does that answer your question?

Last edited:

chris5858

Reaction score
I almost feel bad for posting this, but I just want to put a little quote taken from the heliohost website.

Unlike other web hosts, HelioHost has no restrictions on the number of MySQL databases its accounts can handle. We see absolutely no reason to restrict this functionality, as the quantity of databases has no effect on either system security or resources. Furthermore, we offer the phpMyAdmin database management tool to our users through their control panels, allowing easy database manipulation and maintenance.

Now, I will be the big person here, and bid you a polite adieu. Overall, this host has been good for me, but it is time I leave.

Thank you and goodbye,
Christopher
chris5858

coolv1994

Reaction score
Thats nice that you found a host that suits you. So have fun on Helio Host, I hope you can have a successful website.

leafypiggy

Staff member
Reaction score
Don't let the door hit you where the good lord split you.

chris5858

Reaction score
Thats nice that you found a host that suits you. So have fun on Helio Host, I hope you can have a successful website.
Thank you very much. Because of this heartfelt, non-rude post, I will donate my credits to you as I will not be keeping this account.

Don't let the door hit you where the good lord split you.
Why can't you take this maturely like everyone else?

leafypiggy

Staff member
Reaction score
Because I don't take well to ungrateful bubbles.

Last edited by a moderator:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
And on that note we'll close this thread. Good luck at the new host.

Status
Not open for further replies.