Suddenly no connection to Mysql @ Stoli

Status
Not open for further replies.

reinerzufall

Reaction score
Hi there,

since this morning a forum of mine (phpbb) cant connect to the mysql database. It says "Access denied for use [...]r".

Ich can remember a error like this. The last time there was a general error at the stoli server. Is it the same thing this time or what is happening?

greetings

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Ensure your mysql has the required permissions in cpanel, when adding users to databases.

Are you still having the problem?

papichulo_carioco

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Also check your config.php and verify that the name of the Nomros user DB of the DB and the password of the latter are well written.
Greattings ;)

reinerzufall

Reaction score
Ahhh, just forgot to say: It worked a few our ago. Then my webspace suddenly had a downtime of about 10 minutes. Now its back online and theres a new error: "Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111) [2002]"

it has nothing to do with the acces data now :(

Last edited:

jbishop2112

Reaction score
Ahhh, just forgot to say: It worked a few our ago. Then my webspace suddenly had a downtime of about 10 minutes. Now its back online and theres a new error: "Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111) [2002]"

it has nothing to do with the acces data now :(

I have this same message, was working the last time I checked a day or two ago, but not now. In that time there hasn't been any user input to the forum that could have caused it to get corrupted.

I checked config.php but can't see any problem with username or password.

sff1_schumacher

Reaction score
Mysql must be down or something on solti cause both my sites have the same Mysql error,
was working fine a few hours ago but is down now...can someone fix pls :)

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Yes, mysql is currently down on Stoli I believe, but it is very slow on other servers, too.

Please be patient, it should be fixed soon.
Hope this helps. :)

moorecock

Reaction score
Down for me too. Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL

Steve

Sorry, stpvoice, I wouldn't have posted if I'd seen you message - must have crossed in the ether.....

Last edited:

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
^its okay :) I do it all the time with the counting thing on the forum games. By the time I type the next number, someone else has already done it, and so it makes it look like I can't count. lol.

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
there seems to be some issues, the admins are currently working on it and it should be fixed asap

Status
Not open for further replies.