Supension for using your software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abizeitung92

Reaction score
I'm a bit confused.
You say, you give free hosting unlimited to everyone.
I installed the zenphoto gallery through your softacuolus center.
I did not open the website for the public yet.
I uploaded 150 Photos (250MB -> unlimited) via the gallery.
I get a suspension.
This cant be true, don't you think so?
It was because of high resources use...how can a photogallery you offer do this.
I'm really not amused. I wanted to make a website for our A-levels class and especially our pictures and every ex-student should have been able to put photos on it.
But if I, as one single person get suspendend for uplaoding my 250 MB Photos to an unlimited called server....how should this project work.
I really wanted to give your host a try, because it sounded good.
But so, I think I have to find another one. And no, I wont pay for yours to not get suspendend. Thats not the meaning of the word free.
And don't tell me about "1 of 3 times" ... with this project, i would get the 2 other warnings in 2 hours I think.
I really have to say, I will have to leave you as a host.
But if you can change the suspension setting for me, I'll maybe stay....otherwise this makes no sense.
Regards

abizeitung92

Reaction score
It's not, that I wouldn't understand, what the problem is.
It's about that the problem was caused by a software you offer me to install, and i will use the zenphoto gallery more than one time. And if you now imagine 2 or 3 users use the gallery at the same time?
I think it's quite obvious, that i will get suspended very often.
And what I asked for was, if there is any way, to work around this issue.
Because: i need the software zenphoto. And I need many many pictures.
But if i get suspenden for using it, i will not try again....otherwise i would have worked for nothing.
So: can u promise me, i won't get suspendend anymore, if I use zenphoto again, like I did before and like I described it?
regards

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It's the amount of work you're trying to do all at once that's causing the HRU suspension. Just upload fewer photos at a time and wait a while between. You're not just putting files onto the file system, the gallery has to create thumbnails and so forth -- that takes processing power, and the more you upload at once, the more work needs to be done and the longer time the high CPU usage will last. Take it easy; it'll work.

abizeitung92

Reaction score
If I had the time, of course i would slow down with uploading...but i think i can't tell 80 people, that they have to make breaks during their uploads and give everyone his time to post photos and so on. If it would be my own homepage, where only I am the single uploader, i would give it a try. But in the situation I am, i think it might be not really making sense...maybe i'll try, but we will see....
anyway, thanks for your time!

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
What situation is that exactly that not only you but 80 other people are uploading photos to your site that's hosted on your hosting account?

abizeitung92

Reaction score
oh, i tried to mention that in the first post.
it's my school class, and we finished school now.
u can compare it to the a-levels.
and on our schools out concert, party and fun-day, we took a lot of photos.
now we want to share them.
to share some informationin the past we used a free online storage drive, but it was limited to 2 gb.
So, i tried to make up something new for the purpose, and you had "unlimited" in your slogan, so i thought, well, we can put all our pictures on this side, so we can share.
First i thought about just an imagehost, but this wont work, because some of the pictures schouldnt be seen in public, and on an own website, i could put a passwordprotection (htaccess).
So, i tried to start with your webhost.
Of course, i don't know, if all 80 people will upload at the same time. But after the experience with zenphoto and its resource handling, it would be enough if one student uploads 150 pictures (yes, we have so much each, take me as an example) at once, and the account will be suspendend again. and as i read...I get 3 warnings. Don't you think, i will receive this warnings very fast? You can't tell 80 people, everyone has to wait, and they should only upload few pictures and not download all at the same time....

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Please re-review the free hosting TOS. We only allow 1 gb for image galleries. Any more than that and your account will be permanently suspended.

Also, this would be considered file hosting, since third parties are uploading and downloading image files to your account. Free hosting is for websites, not password protected file sharing and storage.

By the way, unlimited is not in the free hosting slogan.

Last edited:

abizeitung92

Reaction score
i asked if it has sense to use this service or if i should change...
no one answered, except you.
Also, i found no 1gb limit for images in the TOS, but thats another thing, i could have missed it.
By the facts you gave me, i think i will cancel my account...
gb

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
From the TOS under section 1 for Server Usage:

* Personal Image\Video Galleries: Personal galleries are limited to 1GB of disk space for images and videos.

Your account is already permanently suspended for file hosting.

abizeitung92

Reaction score
oh, good

do i still have to post this text:

cPanel username: abi2011

(X) Inserting an X inside the parentheses signifies that I have made all necessary backups of my free hosting account and will not hold x10Hosting responsible for any data I am unable to recover after my free hosting account is deleted. The X also serves as my digital signature verifying that I have proper authorization to request account deletion of the account specified.

if not: wayne, if yes: I've done it now, please delete the account, i don't need your service, it doesn't fit my wishes.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
The account will be automatically deleted, all suspended accounts are removed after about 14 days.

This is not something that we expedite.

abizeitung92

Reaction score
yeah, just asked if i have to post the text...
because i learned: suspensions can be undone.
so i were not sure if you will really delete my account.
therefore, i simply posted the text to make sure, it will happen
Bye

Status
Not open for further replies.