Support

benjami2

Reaction score
Good Morning,

I have recently started working with x10hosting and my website seems to work fine in most web browsers, however it only loads up a white screen in Internet Explorer. Would somebody be able to help me make my website visible in Internet Explorer please?

Thanks for your time

Benjamin Williams

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Moved to Programming Support, as this is not related to our hosting service.

Please could you provide a link to the page that isn't loading?

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
The only pages I found on your site are copied from a Website builder that uses very heavy JavaScript.

On IE I get some JS errors:

Code:
pa-common.min.js, line 1 character 18207
SCRIPT5007: Unable to get property 'isSiteReady' of undefined or null reference
deployviewer.min.js, line 1 character 2974

Not sure if that is the cause of the problem. Did the page display correctly when accessed from the site with the Website Builder?

benjami2

Reaction score
The only pages I found on your site are copied from a Website builder that uses very heavy JavaScript.

On IE I get some JS errors:

Code:
pa-common.min.js, line 1 character 18207
SCRIPT5007: Unable to get property 'isSiteReady' of undefined or null reference
deployviewer.min.js, line 1 character 2974

Not sure if that is the cause of the problem. Did the page display correctly when accessed from the site with the Website Builder?

Thank you descalzo. What do I need to do to my website in order to see if this is the problem.
My website was created in wix and the source code has been transferrerd over to x10hosting. The domain address is www.benjamintwilliams.com

Thanks again

Benjamin Williams

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Seriously? Find another way. Your site does nothing at all without JavaScript, and even with a compatible browser it displays nothing for a very long time when resources are slow to load (I've just experienced the home page -- and by that, I mean the content page loaded separately, not the frame -- staying blank for more than three minutes). And there is absolutely nothing there that can't be accomplished with "real" HTML, CSS and vanilla JavaScript (although jQuery can make some of it simpler to code). (By the way, if you're going to use jQuery, it should be loaded from the Google CDN -- there is a very high probability that your users will already have the file cached on their machines, and that will save several seconds on loading time for anyone on a slower connection, like congested wifi or 3G mobile. Even when they do have to download it, Google will get it to them more quickly and more reliably.)

Yes, we are getting very near the eternal "should designers be able to code?" question. At this level, I'd have to say that the answer is "yes, or at least they should have access to somebody who can code." It's not like we're talking about organising a large enterprise's entire corpus of knowledge, linking together tens or hundreds of disparate and arcane systems; it's essentially a single static page and one (or perhaps two) CGI scripts. I can't be sure; the JS failed in Chrome as well, and I use a Flash blocker (note: Apple iDevices can't use Flash) so I don't know what "Projects" and "Contact" look like. But nothing that I could see couldn't be done more simply, more effectively and more efficiently without wix.