Suspend my site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeycagle

Reaction score
So why was my site suspended? Supposedly for inactivity? I was just on the forum this morning. Kind of lame. Please fix this.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Strange as it may seem our logs show June 23 as last login, prior to you logging in and creating this post.

Note that it may take a minute or two for the system to actually log you as active, especially if using automatic login.

HrvckRacer29

Reaction score
Yes me as well. I was just logged in last nite and it suspended me again tonite. It's been doing this every 2 or 3 days. What happened to the 2 week rule? I have been logging in every 2 weeks with couple exceptions when my internet was down. You do need to look into your guy's system. Please do fix this. This is getting annoying and quite inconvenient.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,

This is not broken, and there is two main causes for this.

1.) You didn't actually login to your account on the forums, if you're not logged in when you visit it does not count.

2.) Suspensions are queued... if your suspension was already in the queue logging in does not take it out. It can take a few hours before a suspension for inactivity is actually executed because they are low priority commands. So if you login but your suspension is in there waiting to be executed it will still be executed.

Easy fix, login every 10 days and you won't have to worry. You will not end up in the queue unless it's been more then 14 days.

-Corey

HrvckRacer29

Reaction score
1.) You didn't actually login to your account on the forums, if you're not logged in when you visit it does not count.

Whats the reason for having to log onto the FORUMS every 2 weeks? Not like you can't tell which account is deliquent by those who haven't logged into the account panel and post announcements in the account panel when there is a service interruption, etc. It's llike having a gun to your customers heads to go to the forum. Not like the forum has anything worth while.

zen-r

Reaction score
Whats the reason for having to log onto the FORUMS every 2 weeks? Not like you can't tell which account is deliquent by those who haven't logged into the account panel and post announcements in the account panel when there is a service interruption, etc. It's llike having a gun to your customers heads to go to the forum. Not like the forum has anything worth while.

It's not for x10 to have to justify their rules to us (though I can think of several good reasons for logging in, such as making sure you read the News & Server Alerts section regularly, & to help keep the forums active - which keeps it's Google Page Ranking strong, thus bringing in more members).

It's a free service, & if we want that service, we need to follow those rules. It's not as if logging in briefly once every 2 weeks is a great deal to ask!

And if you can't be bothered, why not purchase the Inactivity Timer? At only $3/year it's pretty reasonable.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
To prevent inactivity suspensions you must visit and log into the forums once every two weeks.

As it's been stated though, the best way to ensure the login is recorded is two fold: one, don't wait until the last day to log in (maybe do it every 7 days to give yourself one heck of a buffer). Two, browse around a bit; click on a random forum or two just so it definitely gets recorded.

Two isn't as required if you manually log in each time, but if you have it set to remember you, I'd DEFINITELY do #2 to make sure it's logging it as a login/view, since you didn't utilize the login script at the time.

TyRaNtM

Reaction score
I have the same problem that the guy in the first post.
I logged in the forum yesterday (because i forgot to enter at this forum in 2 weeks).
Well, i fixed the problem, and today my account is suspended again :eek4:

First time that this happened to me.

Last edited:

cmsr74

Reaction score
Hi!

I also got suspended and i wasn't able to login to the forum! It was just saying that my username doesn't exist!

Well, i had cleared cookies and were able to login! Already asked to unsuspend my website, how long does it takes?

Cheers,
Carlos

David

IRC: For Cool People!
Reaction score
I'm going to make this rather simple to understand.

To prevent your site from becoming suspended, you have to visit these forums every 2 weeks, or 14 days, it's best not to wait until the last minute, and log in.

Yes, you have to login, that means you have to place your forum username and password into those two little boxes up there on the right and click the login button. After that you should wait a few seconds to be redirected back to the forums. Now, since this is probably the first time you've logged in for over a week, you're more-than-likely behind on the news.

So, you should probably saunter or click on over to the news forum and read some of the wonderful literature we have provided for your enjoyment. We even offer classics, just click a page number at the bottom and see threads that have stood the test of time. Now, you probably can't use any of this for your SAT essay, but at least you won't be suspended for something avoidable like logging into the forums, and you won't have a need to open a support ticket for something we've covered in the announcements section.

So, to make it even more simple, to prevent being suspended for inactivity, you have to do exactly what it is you did to be able to ask the question in this thread in the first place, log in.

Logging into cPanel, your Account Management Panel, or the Support Center does not keep you from getting suspended.

And for the record, if everyone would just read the ToS like they're supposed to during the signup process, no one would have any reason to be suspended. It's not as if it's 3 hundred pages of fine print. None of our policies are outrageous, we don't ask for you to stand on your head while bending over backwards and touching your big toe to your forehead, it's all very simple stuff that any law-abiding citizen can respect.

Last edited:

nchgaming

Reaction score
Re: Suspend my site? (wordwall)

Lol! Yeah.. To avoid inactivity suspension, as repeatedly stated, simply log in to the FORUMS a MINIMUM of at least once every two weeks, but I RECOMMEND WEEKLY. ALWAYS check the "News and Announcements" FIRST! Current and recent - past situations that YOU should be aware of will USUALLY be posted there. As it is, (at the moment) I can't FIND my site, let alone log into it, and there does NOT appear to be any relivant info yet, but I've learned THE HARD WAY... Wait and Browse! More often than not, the problem will be GONE before you finish submitting a ticket, AND you WILL get yourself suspended or even BANNED, if you choose to make things more difficult for everyone else, while searching the reason for your problem.
To avoid SUSPENSION: READ READ READ, and LOG IN to the FORUMS! If your problem HAS lasted more than 24 hours... AND you can't find ANYTHING in the forums... Then would be a SAFE time to post for server related problems. "I can't find my site", "Site won't load", "Can't access cPanel" SEEM like big problems, but they're usually VERY short lived!

Even though this IS NOT official or "reliable", I find it VERY Helpful, BOOKMARK the page from this link:​

It's not too accurate, but at least it's a TOOL! It at least gives me an idea what going on sometimes, when I can't load my site.

TRUST ME! When I say, PATIENCE is EVERYTHING! Relax!
My site is "gone", I can't access my cPanel, and there seems to not be anything new about it yet, but I'm just going to sit here... READ, and wait a day.
Then, if it hasn't been corrected "on it's own" and IF there isn't anything about it... Then .. I'll bring it up in the FORUM under "Free Hosting"

NOTE TO ALL:
These guys (X10) need NICE people to talk to... but usually only hear from us when we're not nice. Keep in mind, that you're user #12986543xx? and 876xx? members have already attacked the staff. Where would you, doing the same thing, get you? MOST of our difficulties go away on their own within 24HRS! (besides... my site being down, gives me more incentive to come HERE and LEARN)

(my sig dissappears when my site is out)

Status
Not open for further replies.