Suspended for high resource usage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rokkwarr

Reaction score
You have been suspended for high system resource usage. Accounts are suspended for usage when they are detected to have consistently high cpu usage, memory usage, or process amounts. This is an automatic suspension, you're able to unsuspend yourself immediately. Warning 1 of 3

Ummmm lolwut? My main site runs wordpress and BARELY gets any hits, the-continuum.co.cc is my Guild site for Champions Online and that barely gets any activity. The only thing I can think of with this suspension was me trying to delete the cofaces add-on domain from the system and it choking on it. I think it might of went into a loop as when I tried to remove it (through the add-on domain manager) it said it couldn't remove the sub-domain without removing the add-on domain first.
I think this is what caused the looping. Could this perhaps be the culprit?

On a side note, through soft in the CPanel, I tried to install dolphin around that time as well to another part of the site and it failed. Perhaps thats one of the issues?

Last edited:

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
cPanel-related actions are not counted toward the resource usage, so this is probably out of the question. As for the suspension itself, are you using cache plugins for wordpress. It has been known that some cache plugins cause resource usage spikes which lead to suspension.

rokkwarr

Reaction score
Doesn't look like WP was the culprit in this one at all after checking the logs and such... any other ideas?

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
one of your plugins may cause this....

just check the plugins and disable unused

rokkwarr

Reaction score
to be honest, if I can find out if this suspension triggered around 19:00 PST, then I know excatly what the culprit is.

My SMF had alot of its maintnence set up with crons at that time, I staggered the hours between them, like daily maintnence at 00:00, birthday notifications at 16:00, etc. when they were all at 19:00, so if thats around the time, then 10-1 the suspension triggered because all of the crons went off at once and made the server flip out on my site.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know for sure how PST relates to GMT, but the time stamp says:
Wednesday, January 20th 2010, 01:59:28 (GMT)

By looking at the log it looks like it could have something to do with the failed installation of dolphin.

If it doesn't happen again, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
You're both wrong :) Found out that Pacific Standard Time (PST) = GMT-8

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
ohh I think (PST) Pakistan Standard Time = GMT+5

History

The current Pakistan standard time (PST) was set up at midnight between 30th April and 1st May, 1954. Before this, PST used to be according to British ruled Calcutta local time as Indian standard time (IST) which came into use on 1st January, 1906, and was also applied to Sri Lanka (then Ceylon) till partition of subcontinent.

Source= http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pakistan_Standard_Time

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
:/ so there's basically two PST? That's a bit confusing.

rokkwarr

Reaction score
I don't know for sure how PST relates to GMT, but the time stamp says:
Wednesday, January 20th 2010, 01:59:28 (GMT)

By looking at the log it looks like it could have something to do with the failed installation of dolphin.

If it doesn't happen again, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Ha! I was right! :biggrin:

Yeah, seems that Softalicious just added it in, honestly I've been wanting to use it for a while now, so I tried to install it and I guess that was the result.

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
Ha! I was right! :biggrin:

Yeah, seems that Softalicious just added it in, honestly I've been wanting to use it for a while now, so I tried to install it and I guess that was the result.

Hi rokkwarr,

Now that you have been given an answer to your initial problem, and the problem seems to be resolved, I am going to close this ticket to prevent further off-topic discussion. Feel free to create a new support ticket if you need more help or have any additional questions.

- Adam

Status
Not open for further replies.