Suspended for high usage on nearly inactive site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mac173

Reaction score
Hi, I was suspended today for high usage. My site is virtually inactive, so any high amount of activity is strange. The graphics on my account page show no bandwidth usage and nearly no HD space, so I must think its Processing usage that caused this.

Can you help me determine what is causing this? The only recent change was adding Moodle to my site. Do I need to delete something else to fit it?

mac173
http://dorcraft.x10hosting.com

Please let me know what to do, if I caused a problem on the server, I did not mean to. If I have a virus or hackers, leave it locked out till we fix it.

Thanks,
Mark Boelte

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
High resource usage means that something on your site used up more then the alloted resources CPU/Memory or cpu time.

I found this in the logs: SCRIPT_URI=http://dorcraft.x10hosting.com/moodle/mod/lesson/edit.php
At that moment that script was using around 60% of one CPU.

mac173

Reaction score
Ok, it was Moodle. Do you know of any way for me to reduce what Moodle is using? I was trying to edit a lesson, and this is a common task in Moodle. I am trying to preview how this program will work for online presentations, but I cannot do this at work. I was gonna use my own site to test. Is this gonna be a constant problem if I am updating Moodle?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I've never used moodle myself, but a good place to start would be cache settings, if there are any.
When content is added to cache the resource usage tend to spike, and if you do a lot editing and testing it might be best to disable that during that period, or at least make it as little aggressive as possible.

mac173

Reaction score
Ok, thanks. I will look at that and see if I can adjust it. Till I know, can we keep this thread active, and the account suspended? I don't want to spike usage while I try to fix this and get banned. The problem right now is that I cannot log into cPanel. Is that because of the suspension, or is there a different problem?

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
You can't login to the cPanel or ftp while the account is suspended. I don't think you have to worry about getting banned for another suspension like that. Just let us know if you can't unsuspend yourself in the account panel if it happens again. In fact, you can log into your account panel https://x10hosting.com/control/login.php right now if you want and unsuspend yourself. The only way to get into cPanel is to have your account unsuspended.

Last edited:

mac173

Reaction score
I unsuspended the account and will look for help with the cache on the forums. Hopefully I don't overload again.

Thanks for the help, both of you.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
If it does overload and suspend let us know; High Resource Usage is -not- a permanent suspension one. The worst that'd happen is you'd get to 3 of 3 and it'd need us to unsuspend it, but it's not permanent. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.