Suspension for high resource usage during PHPBB3 automatic update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toffmonster

Reaction score
Hello.

My account has been suspended for high resourse usage when I tried performing an automatic update for my PHPBB3 forum.
This happened in the past as well, but usually only if I manually triggered file integrity verification for the second time. Though one check and one verification was still within the allowed limits. It was annoying I had to do everything in one go, especially if I found more errors during verification, but at least it was possible.
Now, while I was trying to perform a PHPBB 3.0.5 to 3.0.6 update, my account was suspended during the very first file check before I even managed to do anything.

This behaviour makes it virtually impossible to perform an automatic upgrade of PHPBB3 forums. Please, unsuspend my account and do something to prevent this from happening.
My account has been suspended several times over the last few years on X10Hosting, and all of those occasions were due to me performing PHPBB automatic update. I don't think people performing PHPBB updates so often that it can impact the server performance, so, please, add PHPBB updater script to exceptions or at least give it a bigger resource usage quota.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Your account looks unsuspended right now.

I have alerted an admin as well, and I know you're not the only one with problems upgrading phpbb. Won't make any promises though.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
The automatic upgrade scripts aren't the friendliest of scripts. They whack a lot of people here quite frequently. Me, I'm a manual updater but LadyAnna will work with the admins to see what is going on. I do recall reading about Corey changing around the auto-suspend script a little bit in terms of resource usage.

Toffmonster

Reaction score
Thank you very much for your quick reply and for notifying the admin. Good to know I'm not the only one with this problem.

I guess I should refrain from trying to update it again and restore my DB (good thing I always back it up).
Hopefully if and when suspension rules are changed to allow automatic updating of PHPBB, there will be some kind of an alert to notify users about it.

Edit: Manual updating takes too much time, especially when there are many MODs...

Maybe it'd be better to implement something like allowing every free user to run one auto-update script once every few months without resource usage restriction so that they can update one forum every few months without abusing this feature.

Regards,
Toff

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.