Suspension for high-usage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clinton

Reaction score
Hmm, I'm glad I've seen this before installing wordpress(which I can't seem to do anyway without mySql access).

Lets say I was to find another database host and just point my wordpress MySQL info there? That should work right? I don't think I have the time or patience to deal with monitoring files or usage especially if it's something as minuscule as uploading wordpress themes causing "high-usage".

zer0ne1337

Reaction score
I guess this is happening especially to the sites residing on the lotus server...

Even mine got suspended... Even before all this, when I started my site in December (http://tech.elementfx.com) I was aware that Wordpress sometimes may become very heavy. Thats why I used the cache plugins to reduce the load... But now I am suspended, I am thinking of ways on how to further optimize my site.. Anybody have any ideas on optimizing Wordpress based sites?

rosmac9

Reaction score
Add me to the list of suspended as well. I was playing around with Cron Jobs though, but still a cron job an hour which impliments a 10 line script which adds two numbers and stores them in a db is high usage?

swapcool

Reaction score
I am on lotus and my account also got suspended. I have a myBB forum and wordpress blog and neither has much traffic. I dont use any conjob so I not suru whay has caused high CPU usage.

pikifab

Reaction score
Well someone requested my php script.

PHP:
    <?php
        $Hostname = "localhost";
        $Database = "database";
        $Username = "usename";
        $Password = "password";

$IP = $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'];
        $DB = mysql_connect("$Hostname", "$Username", "$Password");
        mysql_select_db("$Database", $DB);

$Name    = $_POST['Name'];
        $Email   = $_POST['Email'];
        $pPhone   = $_POST['Phone1']."-".$_POST['Phone2']."-".$_POST['Phone3'];
        $sPhone   = $_POST['Phone4']."-".$_POST['Phone5']."-".$_POST['Phone6'];
        $Date    = $_POST['Month']."/".$_POST['Day'];
        $Time    = $_POST['Hour'].$_POST['Minute'].$_POST['AP'];
        $Length  = $_POST['Length1'].$_POST['Length1'];
        $People  = $_POST['People'];
        $Note    = $_POST['Note'];
        $Confirm = $_POST["Confirm"];

if($Confirm){
            $to = "MYEMAILHERE@hotmail.com";
            $from = "From: ".$Name." (".$Email.")";
            $subject = "LESSON REQUEST!";
            $body = "A request for a lesson has been scheduled for ".$Date." at ".$Time." for ".$Length." hours, with ".$People." person(s) \n\n Message: \n".$Note;

if(mail($to,$subject, $body, $from)){
                $Message="A request for this timeslot has been sent! You will recieve an email response as soon as I can! Thanks!";
            }else{
                $Message="Unable to send your request. Please check spelling of your Email Address and try again.";
            }
        }

$Query = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM Clients WHERE IP='$IP'", $DB);
        $Data = mysql_fetch_array($Query);
        $NumRecords = mysql_num_rows($Query);

if($NumRecords == 0){
            $Query = mysql_query("INSERT INTO Clients (IP, Name, Email, $Phone) VALUES ('$IP', '$Name', '$Email', '$Phone')", $DB);
        }else{
            $Name   = $Data["Name"];
            $Email  = $Data["Email"];
            list($Phone1, $Phone2, $Phone3) = split('[-]', $Data["Phone"]);
        }
    ?>

ive changed the code a bit since, anyway....

i dont feel like posting another thread for this, im setting up auto responders, the thing is, when i recieve the email, since its from the mail() php function, i dont know if it would reply to the right place, im thinking about creating my own php script to make my own auto responder, because i get there email as a var, good idea? possible?

Last edited:

MIOW[RU]

Reaction score
yup good points there zen-r

most people with static sites or fill-in-forms wil be fine.

its the forum software with lots of mods that "do things", chat servers, shout boxes, etc (and the other stuff Corey mentioned) that will cause the monitor is react.

No, i have only very basic stuff on my board.

Also i can't load Suspension page for unknown reason.

zen-r

Reaction score
Yeah. We'll just have to wait until it's all up again.

abcd456

Reaction score
type date

suspension Jun 23
reason for action
You have been suspended for high system resource usage. Accounts are suspended for usage when they are detected to have consistently high cpu usage, memory usage, or process amounts. This is an automatic suspension, you're able to unsuspend yourself immediately. Warning 1 of 3

unsuspension Jun 23 not applicable

suspension Jun 23
reason for action
You have been suspended for high system resource usage. Accounts are suspended for usage when they are detected to have consistently high cpu usage, memory usage, or process amounts. This is an automatic suspension, you're

What mean "not applicable"?
What should I do?

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
PHP:
    <?php
        $Hostname = "localhost";
        $Database = "database";
        $Username = "usename";
        $Password = "password";

$IP = $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'];
        $DB = mysql_connect("$Hostname", "$Username", "$Password");
        mysql_select_db("$Database", $DB);

$Name    = $_POST['Name'];
        $Email   = $_POST['Email'];
        $pPhone   = $_POST['Phone1']."-".$_POST['Phone2']."-".$_POST['Phone3'];
        $sPhone   = $_POST['Phone4']."-".$_POST['Phone5']."-".$_POST['Phone6'];
        $Date    = $_POST['Month']."/".$_POST['Day'];
        $Time    = $_POST['Hour'].$_POST['Minute'].$_POST['AP'];
        $Length  = $_POST['Length1'].$_POST['Length1'];
        $People  = $_POST['People'];
        $Note    = $_POST['Note'];
        $Confirm = $_POST["Confirm"];

if($Confirm){
            $to = "MYEMAILHERE@hotmail.com";
            $from = "From: ".$Name." (".$Email.")";
            $subject = "LESSON REQUEST!";
            $body = "A request for a lesson has been scheduled for ".$Date." at ".$Time." for ".$Length." hours, with ".$People." person(s) \n\n Message: \n".$Note;

if(mail($to,$subject, $body, $from)){
                $Message="A request for this timeslot has been sent! You will recieve an email response as soon as I can! Thanks!";
            }else{
                $Message="Unable to send your request. Please check spelling of your Email Address and try again.";
            }
        }

$Query = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM Clients WHERE IP='$IP'", $DB);
        $Data = mysql_fetch_array($Query);
        $NumRecords = mysql_num_rows($Query);

if($NumRecords == 0){
            $Query = mysql_query("INSERT INTO Clients (IP, Name, Email, $Phone) VALUES ('$IP', '$Name', '$Email', '$Phone')", $DB);
        }else{
            $Name   = $Data["Name"];
            $Email  = $Data["Email"];
            list($Phone1, $Phone2, $Phone3) = split('[-]', $Data["Phone"]);
        }
    ?>

unless i fail at php, i would imagine that this script would use minimal resources.
this is the only script on the site that you have been running?

Last edited:

whinis

Prime Account
Reaction score
I got suspended today and all I have is a simple machine forum ( ajax chat but max of 2 users per day) a backup AEF forum and a simple personal website. I ran the website off my computer for 1 year 16 hours a day ( computer shuts off every night) with minimal resource usage. I believe that i have been wrongly acused.

whinis.x10hosting.com

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
I've been watching the resource monitoring system that we implemented last night. I also just updated it to be less restrictive.

We'll continue keeping an eye on it and tweak it as needed.

Like Corey mentioned, if you think your suspension was not correct, let us know what you were doing as it happened.

xadrieth

Reaction score
I got suspended on lotus (it says at 3:35 AM) nor can i log into my x10 Panel and check the status of my suspension. (My site is http://twewy-fan.com/)

I run about 3 PHP/MySQL scripts on my computer.

The first one is a simple news scripts on my homepage, my site's homepage only gets about 20 hits a day.

The second is a CMS i was developing for another site, i haven't touched it in days.

And the final one is a MyBB forum, it has about 10-20 posts a day.

I really don't think that all three scripts are that resource hogs, I think that the script that auto suspends us is a little to harsh.

chupacabrah

Reaction score
I was suspended for overusage.... have not even been using/updating my site since i am waiting for a domain name issue to be resolved

was recently moved to lotus after my account got deleted from cossacks accidently during the upgrade process.

A history of all account suspensions will be listed below. If you find incorrect information here please open a support ticket so we can correct it.

type date reason for action
suspension Jun 23 You have been suspended for high system resource usage. Accounts are suspended for usage when they are detected to have consistently high cpu usage, memory usage, or process amounts. This is an automatic suspension, you're able to unsuspend yourself immediately. Warning 1 of 3

unsuspension Jun 23 not applicable

suspension 7:46 pm You have been suspended for high system resource usage. Accounts are suspended for usage when they are detected to have consistently high cpu usage, memory usage, or process amounts. This is an automatic suspension, you're able to unsuspend yourself immediately. Warning 1 of 3

Your hosting account is currently suspended. Follow the instructions below to resolve this issue.
if this suspension is not resolved within 14 days your hosting account may be terminated

pass the information below to any support staff if you're having difficulties with your account
your suspension reason code is SPND_RUSAGE1

uname is unnews

Last edited:

eliasr

Reaction score
I was suspended to, but i dont make anything, the time of suspension was 2:39 am (i was sleeping) and i dont have many visitors to generate the overusage.

Also in the morning i send a "petition for unsuspension" and tonight the petition disapered.

Extra: I see that my account is now in the Chopin server. I was in stoli

Update:

Ok, now is working (good standing), just one question:

What's gona happen with the warnings, because now i have Warning 1 of 3 but this one, is not my fault.

Last edited:

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
I've been suspended, interestingly, and I wasn't doing anything at all. My website's been down for the past two days, and I discovered just a while ago that it was suspended and I was supposed to contact billing and support.

Also, can someone post the link to where I can find out the reason of my suspension? Thanks. :)

Irrelevant Edit: I would like to point out that I find the tags quite interesting.

Last edited:

eN0ch

Reaction score
Another one to add to the suspended for high usage list. I opened a ticket before it occurred to me check on here for others with the same problem. Ah well, maybe the ticket will do some good anyway.

My normal usage could be described on the back of a postage stamp, and I could count my visitors on my fingers - and most visit weekly, tops.

I have done a little bit more on my site just lately, but that was mainly just monitoring what's happening with the server and script upgrade stuff, and tweaking a few things to make up for missing elements arising from that. Nothing I could conceivably call high activity.

At the moment when I got suspended I was updating categories and tags on my two most recent blog posts (self-hosted with wordpress).

Status
Not open for further replies.