Suspension; Site explanation

Status
Not open for further replies.

stef_63686

Reaction score
This is a response to the question and suspension reason: "Site explanation requested - what is your site doing, and why is nsn.php showing up in the logs several times a minute?"

Hello,

My site, and nsn.php, are communicating with a simulator program. This program requests data that is stored in the mysql database via nsn.php.
The program was created to send in a ping every 5 minutes to let the database know it is still there, that might be the reason it shows up in the log that many times.
These pings only update and request one single field in the database at a 5 minute interval, is it really consuming that much of your servers CPU? These pings should be relatively unharmful because it is a very small piece of code and one query that is executed.

Every once in a while, a user of the simulator program might request more information via nsn.php, this requires a bit more calculation but this is only activated on users request which only happens about 10 times a day and that shouldn't give any problem at all since a normal website would have queries like this too and might be executed even more often.

If my program is really bothering your server I could try setting the interval to 10 minutes, it would decrease the amount of CPU it requires by 50% but it would also decrease the accuracy of my program, So I really hope we can come to a solution that doesn't result in a decreasing accuracy or me moving my scripts to another host.

Last edited:

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
So you are using your x10hosting account as a slave for another site.

Your x10hosting account is meant to be for itself. Not a warehouse for files. Not a remote MySQL account for another site.

stef_63686

Reaction score
I was requested to state the meaning of Nsn.php and this is what it does. I'm not using my x10hosting account as a warehouse for files, I'm just using the nsn.php to get and set data from and into my database.

I am not using my X10hosting account as a slave for the program, I'm using the program to edit data on my website and I'm doing it through nsn.php
My website displays data which the program can, if a user needs it, request. To know who is actively using the program I installed this ping.

So, the program and data exchange through nsn.php is just a small portion of it. Though this is the portion that is working actively it is not the only thing I'm using X10Hosting for.

Edit; It isn't a site either, it is a program that uses nsn.php. If it was a site why would I even bother to host another site right here?

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
You say it isn't a site, this means the account would be violating the script hosting part of our TOS. We provide space to host a working site, not to host scripts.

stef_63686

Reaction score
As I said my site is a working site, there is just one single script in it that makes it possible for a program to request some data off the site, is that illegal too?
I just have a site which has to possibility of giving information to a program, this is not the meaning of the site but just a possibility it has.

with the edit I meant,, descalzo kept saying I use my site to send information to another site. I meant that that wasn't the meaning of this script in particular, to send data to another site, but to send data to a program.

So basicly, I have a website hosted at x10hosting, My website is mostly just a website but there is one single little script called nsn.php that can send information to a program when the program requests it. To keep track of them I made a function I like to call ping, which executes every 5 minutes and that's the reason it keeps showing up in the logs, thats all.
So I use x10 to host a working website. The website has scripts in it but which website doesn't.. (by scripts I mean .php files that do something) I don't use it JUST to host scripts.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
A site should make sense without needing the context of a program or other prior knowledge.

sitebutnosite.png

That is what is shown on your site index, and personally I have high doubts that would constitute as being a site... It is just output from the same script you say can be accessed by that program

stef_63686

Reaction score
Yes, true, this is just an output of the table I currently have in mysql database, this is because I'm still building up the site around it and this is a temporary thing.
Just haven't had much time because I kept being suspended.
The idea is that the website should provide information about the programs, and people can register and add stuff and edit their accounts, It will have a chat and some sort of guest book but as this all takes some time to build and I haven't had that time yet, it isn't much at the moment.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, thanks for that.

I have unsuspended the account, please note though that chatboxes are not allowed in free hosting.

Ps. an note that site is under construction as addition might prevent the same suspension from happening again.

Last edited:

stef_63686

Reaction score
Okay, thanks
I didn't know chatboxes were not allowed, I'll have to do with just a guestbook.
I will add a under construction note to my site right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.