Sustained Server Hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
We will be allowing members of x10 in good standing to be moved to a private server. This server will only have on it accounts that are in good standing and are known not to cause problems.

Same rules regarding ads, files, and inactivity will still apply for now.

You must get 6 points to be eligible for an account transfer. Each option below is equal to one point. You may have any combination below to equal 6 points.

• Each month of hosting in good standing.
  • 100 Forum Posts.
  • $1 Donated to x10hosting.

If you feel you meet the requirements you may apply from within the account panel:
http://x10hosting.com/account

Please ask any questions here.

-Corey

Last edited by a moderator:

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
This is a great idea cory!!! your always coming up with good ideas

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm short like 1 point XD

4 months registered and 100 posts :)

It's still a kickass idea though, it should help keep x10 in good standings. Reminds me a bit of that insurance company (think it's Allstate) that gives you money back off your bill for each time period without an accident (cept here it's more 'didn't screw up for a while? Good, you're on a new server') :)

It's gunna piss people off who don't have the requirements though (but too bad for them). Only one question from me: is post-points cumulative? IE, 100 forum posts gets you 1 point towards the 6, 200 gets you 2, etc? At first I had thought probably not, but the $1 x10 donation would likely be cumulative (or at least it makes sense that it would be in my mind).

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
They're all cumulative. If you have 600 posts, you need nothing else.

-Corey

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Great, now I need 16 content-filled helpful posts and I might be eligable ;)

Thanks for the quick reply :)

Fedlerner

Former Adm & Team Manager
Community Support
Reaction score
Excellent idea Corey! Hope it works :)

mattyranks

Reaction score
looking forward to applying when i donate some x10$ back to you.

its a great idea !!

Question: when you mean saty active you mean post on the forums right ?

Last edited:

Micro

Retired staff <i> (11-12-2008)</I>
Reaction score
Yeh, i'm looking forward to this now (My council have blocked the 64.92 free server under Criminal and Phishing Activities), and my school have started to be filtered by them.

Great work Corey -- i think im eligable (2 months hosting and 400 posts).

Zenax

Reaction score
Question:

If your account has had bad things done to it in the past, such as suspensions and what not, can you still be elgible for the sustained server, I mean if that your account stays clean for say 6 months or something??

Regards,
Zenax

Node1

Reaction score
I have been with x10 since the end of 2005 =P but my other account was not working (looks like I got some posting to do) :biggrin:

unpixelatedgamers

Reaction score
Nice idea.

Now, get a few months clean, some more posts, maybe a donation, and i'll be on the sustained server in no time :)

Edit:
Question, do posts/ clean months we have made in the past (ie, before this announcement) count toward those 6 points?

Last edited:

Kansy

Community Advocate
Community Support
Prime Account
Reaction score
What happens if I donate points from my Forum account, and i f it counts, Who I havce to donate to?

mattspec

Reaction score
thanks corey, this is gonna be awesome! ive been with x10hosting for 10 months now and i must say, this is the best hosting EVER and you just keep making it better and better! my hat is off to you sir!

azntechguy

Reaction score
It's good to see that X10hosting does care about its longtime members. I would like to sign up, but alas, I find myself somewhat short of the requirements.

About a few weeks off from the 6 months requirement, still a bit short of the 100 post count and I still don't have a fully functional webpage (even though this is not a listed requirement, I consider it so for personal reasons). Maybe I'll apply in a week or so *shrug*

---

Oh hey, btw, you guys care to display the Monthly Revenue Totals thread at the front page or something, so it'll constantly remind us to help you guys maintain funding?

Kansy

Community Advocate
Community Support
Prime Account
Reaction score
CAn someone answer my question before plz?

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
Kansy said:
What happens if I donate points from my Forum account, and i f it counts, Who I havce to donate to?

Lol well I don't believe forum points count towards anything.. but remember, all those things are cumulative; if you have 600 posts then you'll have 6 points (same concept applies to the rest of the items)

Kansy

Community Advocate
Community Support
Prime Account
Reaction score
How can you cumulate # Each month of hosting in good standing.¿?

one month means one point?

cetutnx1

Reaction score
My guees will tell that each month that you haven't been suspended

Edited:

Since i'm not and admin this is olny my opinion

Last edited:

Articz

Reaction score
great idea corey been here since the start so hopefully i can be moved. Submitted request how do we know if we are successful ?? pm or email

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.