Swine Flu

nick_mok

Reaction score
Anyone here about this? I live in Australia but they are making sure they treat all the swine flu people and are containing it, but I am concerned about other countries, and even more, Mexico.

Are they having any luck containing it in Mexico?

Cheers,

Nick

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
In the United States, Swine Flu is probably one of the biggest current issues today. There have been many cases of it nationwide. You could probably go to any American news website and see something about Swine Flu on the front page.

mavdude

Reaction score
you can find more update information from the World Health Organisation or tuning into bbc news 24 on tv or their website

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
It's not a big deal at all. It's just the flu. They're only concerned because of its quick mutation from pigs to humans.

There's a chance that it could mutate, and become virulent, but we will deal with that if it happens.

If Obama had any sense, he'd close down the borders to Mexico, just in case it DOES mutate.

But no, he'd rather let all his Mexican immigrant buddies into the US to get welfare and our tax dollars...

goldblue

Reaction score
Latest news seem to indicate that the situation is "stablising".

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
The media is known for adding too much hype to things. This is yet another case of that, but it is at least good that they are keeping it from spreading.

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
The media is adding too much hype, otherwise they would be out of business. Except for not closing the border with Mexico, it is good countries are taking a proactive approach, even if it is not currently a huge threat. It is better to be criticized for doing too much than too little.

sbflinn

Reaction score
i doubt the swine flu was bad as it was said

but i feel sry for the people who caught it already and died