Switching to Wordpress

Status
Not open for further replies.

kfcix10m

Reaction score
I've got a site hosted here that I'd like to switch over to Wordpress. How do I go about setting up the wordpress site on here without removing the current live site and then when it's ready, switch it over?

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

You could configure WordPress in a separate directory. If you're installing WordPress manually, just create a new directory in public_html and upload the WordPress files there. If you're using the automatic installer (or "Softaculous"), it should ask you where you want to install WordPress.

When you're ready to switch it over, you would need to change the Site URL configured within WordPress, by logging into WordPress and changing "WordPress Address (URL)"/"Site Address (URL)" within the Settings > General section. Then, you can move your old site's files out of the way (using either FTP or cPanel File Manager), and then move the files within your public_html/wordpress directory into the public_html directory.

Thank you,

kfcix10m

Reaction score
Thank you for such a fast response. I apologize for having vanished for a bit and just getting back to this. I am excited that there is a way for me to do this so that I can create an updated site for this ministry without having to take down what's there while under construction.

Status
Not open for further replies.