Tabbed browsing

cowctcat

Reaction score
I really hate it because I end up with lke ten windows with 15 tabs each and it takes me like five minutes to find anything!
Does ayone else have this problem

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
No, I find that with tabbed browsing it is easier to find things. It's very useful for me when I'm reviewing accounts.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't have problems with opening tabs since I know which tab is which. Each browser that does tabs, especially IE has a neat little feature that allows you to see thumbnails of each tab.

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
I love tabbed browsing on these forums.
I just open each topic I'd like to see in a new tab and close it when I'm done.
It is also useful for Google searches. :)

frankfriend

Reaction score
I like tabbed browsing as well, it doesn't cause me more confusion than legacy style browsing.

It's really quite useful as I often need to see several sites and refer between them.

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I find it much easier with tabs, at a time I have open around 7, looking at my mail, FB, or on x10. much easier than having multiple windows. but if you're looking to use Alt + Tab to change windows it might be harder having to move to your mouse all the time. But I guess you get used to it

Nathan H

Reaction score
I love tabbed browsing, open a forum open all new posts in tabs, read and close. Nice and neat.

But ill admit i also have loads of windows with just as many tabs problem. i keep forgetting to close.

worldwise001

Reaction score
I try to keep everything in one window with lots of tabs. Helps when looking up API stuff for different classes/etc., and or just searching through Google and opening a tab for each link you click. That way you don't get lost within your own browser history.

alexandgruntz

Reaction score
but if you're looking to use Alt + Tab to change windows it might be harder having to move to your mouse all the time. But I guess you get used to it

You can use Ctrl+Tab to switch between tabs, and Ctrl+Shift+Tab to go backwards. ;)

ryanlwh

Reaction score
if you have 10 windows with 15 tabs each then you're just openning too much... If you don't use tabs then it's 150 windows...

intertec

Reaction score
Tabbed browsing is great! You can get out of control with it but you will get used to it!

fempower

Reaction score
I jet so much more done with tabbed browsing. I only wish that I could get several rows of tabs so that they don't get too small to see what each one is.

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
tabbed browsing is one of the best things that has happened in the computer era... maybe after firefox.
It enables you to have 15 different windows, in the same window! It can get useful when coding and programming: one to code, one to test, one for the file manager, one for cpanel, one for ftp, one for google search, one for documentationssssss...., etc.
You know, the list can get long.

TheMan177

Reaction score
Browsing with tabs has just become a natural thing for me now, trying to use a web browser without tabs just doesn't feel right. The only problem is that maybe I make too much use of them, currently there's only 26 or so tabs open, and I can actually see the text on each one. :biggrin:

kkenny

Reaction score
if you have 10 windows with 15 tabs each then you're just openning too much... If you don't use tabs then it's 150 windows...

That's assuming if you really have sites on every single window o-o Be senseless to spam crtl+n on firefox to open 150 windows.

But yeah. Tabbed browsing has to be pretty useful.

mraek

Reaction score
Tabbed browsing is great - although you should use the browser which introduced it (Opera) to fully enjoy it ;)

brightwire

Reaction score
No, but thats just me.
I really dont have like 40 web pages i need to have open at once.