TAG or IP address (transfer domain difficulty)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJ100

Reaction score
Hi all!

I am hoping for some assistance/advice please.

I own www.marcellajean.co.uk (purchased via wix) and simply wanted to park it with my x10 site (mj.x10host.com)

After finding out that I am unable to change the name servers I contacted wix and received the below response.

Please note that it is not possible to change the name servers of a domain name purchased from Wix. You may either transfer the domain away from Wix, or point the domain to a different IP address.

If you have purchased a Wix domain, but have decided to transfer it away from Wix, you can do so easily by following the instructions here.

To point your domain to a different IP address, please follow the instructions here.

Could anyone please help me out with the 'TAG' name or the IP address of my server xo4 so I can get this done please!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA!

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi MJ100,

There is currently no hosting account linked to your forum account. Please link your accounts by going to "Support" in your control panel, and then "Visit Forums". ;)

Thank you,

mjx10ho2

Reaction score
Hi all!

I am hoping for some assistance/advice please.

I own www.marcellajean.co.uk (purchased via wix) and simply wanted to park it with my x10 site (mj.x10host.com)

After finding out that I am unable to change the name servers I contacted wix and received the below response.

Please note that it is not possible to change the name servers of a domain name purchased from Wix. You may either transfer the domain away from Wix, or point the domain to a different IP address.

If you have purchased a Wix domain, but have decided to transfer it away from Wix, you can do so easily by following the instructions here.

To point your domain to a different IP address, please follow the instructions here.

Could anyone please help me out with the 'TAG' name or the IP address of my server xo4 so I can get this done please!

I hope I've linked my forum account to my x10 account correctly now!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA!

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

Please create an A Record at Wix, pointing to 198.91.81.5, and I'll manually add the domain as a Parked Domain. ;)

Thank you,

mjx10ho2

Reaction score
I see where I went wrong with my forum accounts also. I'll delete MJ100 and continue to use mjx10ho2.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

I have added your domain as a Parked Domain, and your website now appears to be loading. ;)

Thank you,

mjx10ho2

Reaction score
Hi again!

Domain working great, However when I click on alternative pages (i.e About or Contact) other than my home page my x10 domain shows in the address bar opposed to my custom domain.

Could you kindly advise how I can rectify this please?

TIA

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

This is probably caused by the Site URL setting in WordPress. Please ensure that your Site URL is set to your new domain name. You can usually find this under "Settings" then "General" in WordPress.

Please see this article on WordPress' website for further information:
https://codex.wordpress.org/Changing_The_Site_URL

Thank you,

mjx10ho2

Reaction score
Excellent, Thank you. I have changed my site URL - I'm wondering whether this is related but when searching for my site via a search engine the search results shows my x10 domain instead of my custom domain. Do you know what is causing this? I've attached a screenshot.

Attachments

• screenshot.png
    screenshot.png
    231 KB · Views: 3

caftpx10

Reaction score
Google usually leaves stuff in index for a bit. You can force Google to remove that by using the Google Webmaster tools.

mjx10ho2

Reaction score
My custom domain was showing yesterday. Ok, thanks - Shall do that.

Shall I just get google to re-index my site after removing this to ensure my custom domain etc shows? TIA

caftpx10

Reaction score
On Google's Webmaster's tool's, you would have to enter in the "main domain" or rather the one you won't want to be indexed (in this case, mj.x10host.com) and verify that. Once done, navigate and end up with what I have on the screenshot by following where I've went using the left navigation bar (select the added site first):
nDd3RRX.png

After that, you enter '/' into the textbox and press 'continue'. It should put it in the removal list where it would be pending for removal, which should take a few days to do.

Note that this would only remove the selected domain from Google and not from other search engines. For that, you'll need to read that search engine's documentation of how to rip it out.

Last edited:

mjx10ho2

Reaction score
Great, thank you very much! Have done that - Should I just resubmit a sitemap under my custom domain to get Google to fetch my new site pages etc?

caftpx10

Reaction score
You certainly can. Remember, you can also add and verify your custom domain so that you can improve SEO (like you can test how it would end up looking like on Google and how to improve it).

mjx10ho2

Reaction score
Ok great, I'll do that. I hadn't realised that I could verify both. Thank you so much for all your help!

mjx10ho2

Reaction score
Hi,

I had the below error message display when trying to access my site, after many hours of trying to rectify this, I decided to delete my whole site and do a clean install of wordpress. However the error message still displays and I am at a loss on what to do. Please help!

"Forbidden
You don't have permission to access / on this server.
Server unable to read htaccess file, denying access to be safe

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

I would be most grateful of any guidance/ help in rectifying this.

TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.