Tax in USA

medina

x10 Addict
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi, i dont speak english very well, buy i try to explain me as well as possible.

I want to buy a Lap-top but I want to know what is the state the one that has less tax or better a list of the states in the respective USA and their tax.

Sorry for my bad english!!!

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
If you're looking for the best price, you'd be better off just looking at the values including tax. Different states will have different prices before you even take tax in to account, due to affluence etc.

Google Translation said:
Si usted está buscando el mejor precio, usted estaría mejor simplemente mirando a los valores, impuestos incluidos. Diferentes estados tendrán precios diferentes, incluso antes de tomar impuestos a cuenta, debido a la riqueza, etc

medina

x10 Addict
Community Support
Reaction score
i know is a diferrent tax for all the states, i can travel for all US and i want to know who is the state has have 0% tax or 3%

For example Macbook pro have a price $1199 US + Tax is aprox $1290 US im looking for state who have 5% less of tax....

nexhunter

Reaction score
ahhh new hampshire got to love that but the sales tax on food blows especially on a whole long school day field trip to an amusement park dam drinks in the 7th and 8th ahh canobie lake park was good

Last edited:

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I did not understand anything you wrote...about the link someone posted to taxes...I was not aware how many states have taxes so high, it just goes to show,

WE IN AMERICA, have less taxes, THAN MANY TOP countries in the WORLD. : )

You have to love this.

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't love it.

What with the price of unleaded ranging from US$6.66 / gal(US) to US$7.27 / gal(US) using today's rates, it's far from funny. Stupid tax. Taxed on the fuel, then taxed on that too!
It's US$29.7/gal(US) at some stations in California, apparently.

More to the point, how come the USA doesn't use regular gallons? 1 regular gallon = ~1.2 US gallons.

peacesam

Reaction score
i had no idea there is or are states that don't charge anything on taxes....the cheapest state i know is michigan..7.5 % I believe..

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Considered waiting until Black Friday? It's basically a shopping holiday in the US where there tend to be a lot of discounts and no sales tax on goods. Also, if you wait until February, new hardware and lower prices tend to come out around that time as well.

Last edited: