Tech Ideas Site

necteraaus

Reaction score
Hey all, just wondering if you could check out my site and see what you think. Basically, it's where I put my ideas that I come up with, and I'm trying to actually get some of these to market. I will keep on adding ideas as I get them (there's another one that's about to go up in a day or two).

I tried to keep the design nice and clean (eg. no really colourful buttons like RSS, Twitter, Dig, Facebook etc, and no ads) as that's the way I like it. I think it looks quite nice, but I want to know what others think.

Thanks a lot :cool:

PS. I made the logo myself :biggrin: I'm quite proud of it, lol.

phazzedout

Reaction score
Simple blog site. So your content seems to revolve around inspiring big companies (computer mostly) to do some of your ideas. Well it seems like a good blogging idea, I will give you that. I would spend the extra 10 dollars a year to buy a domain name. nectera.com would look a lot better. 7.6/10.0

Keep up the good work. I checked if the OpenID worked, and it did. :D

necteraaus

Reaction score
I would spend the extra 10 dollars a year to buy a domain name. nectera.com would look a lot better. 7.6/10.0

Keep up the good work. I checked if the OpenID worked, and it did. :D

Thanks for the feedback. I would get nectera.com but unfortunately it is taken for a site with what seems like no purpose, but anyway. Nectera.net is free, so I'll look into that.

Just wondering, what could I do to improve the score?

Lol, I added the OpenID as a test thing really, and to make it easy for people to make comments without creating a new account, so I'm glad to hear it works :biggrin:

Thanks again.
Edit:
So your content seems to revolve around inspiring big companies (computer mostly) to do some of your ideas.

Well, I'd like these ideas to be done, but in my mind, eventually, I will attempt to launch a device made by my company with most of these ideas. The reason being, is that most companies have a product with a good feature or two, but the rest is letting it down, and I know what people want etc. It will also become more than an ideas site, as I am attempting to create a version of my UI mockup for Android.

Last edited:

wongers

Reaction score
plain blog page, menu bar gets in the way of the background site logo. you basically used some form of wikipedia template in one of its many forms? the background image on your site is too small for my resolution.

not bad tho for an "ideas" blog site as phazzedout mentioned.

necteraaus

Reaction score
Ok thanks for the comments guys. But what could I do to improve it? I really need some help here. Thanks.

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Your header is too big. I recommend you reduce the size of the logo.

borntyping

Reaction score
I quite like it.

The top header, while big does look nice. However, my suggedtion would be to make it smaller and add a description.

WP theme is nice and simple, and easy to read.

As was said, a proper domain name would probably be a good idea. Maybe go for .co.uk if .com is taken?