Technical difficulties in loading my site

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcmmsagh

Reaction score
This case needs the attention of the server hosting admins A.S.A.P.; I am encountering technical difficulties in properly loading the front page of my site.

The files are still there for my account (which I do plan to back up as soon as this situation is resolved), but when trying to see about accessing my site's front page from the frontend (browser) after entering the URL, it's not "loading" the page onto the browser... it's "downloading" the index file, which I know is not the intended result.

Please let me know when this situation for my site account has been resolved A.S.A.P. Many thanks, everyone.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
This has been resolved. It was because you were running PHP 5.3--which is no longer supported.

mcmmsagh

Reaction score
Okay, now I've run into technical difficulty number two; at this time I've had to upgrade the blog system software that I was using to the latest version in order for it to be "compatible" with the current version of PHP. But while I was doing that, I ran into these roadblocks in the installation process... this is what's up:

While starting the "installation process" itself to get the server details, the software says this (server "details" undisclosed on this post):

"We think your blog is at http://mc-mmg-homebase.x10host.com/home/mcmmsagh/public_html. If not, set BASEURL correctly in scripts/config.php."

The question is this: can anyone of you server administators tell me what I need to change in that part of the code? Because the URL that the system displayed during loading of that page is not what I intended. I obviously wanted it to display http://mc-mmg-homebase.x10host.com without those "extras".

All right; thanks again in advance for your response on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.