tell me what you think

mjserv

Reaction score
Like the large text, Tables may seem difficult at first, for what I can see. Maybe reduce a few or get rid of the padding in the banner. You don't really need a header called "Content" thats my 2 cents right now

raymondk

Reaction score
Thank you for the response, I will think about the changes that you suggested.

digitalfarm

Reaction score
I think you have the right idea.PAy a little time background images.Also you should consider css it can make your site a little more modern.But your content layout is ok

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Layout is good , it is a tried and tested format and as first websites go the result so far is not that bad. Normally I would point to several links on Geocites for some real howlers but their gone now but you dont have to far on the internet to find a webpage disaster.

Get yourself a good graphics editor, "The Gimp" is rather good and completely free as for getting to grips with CSS download one of the many free templates and start tinkering with the ".CSS" file that it comes with, then all will all become clear. As with most coding problems , plenty of help and tutorials are online.

Reducing the Header / Title Text would help the layout feel and navigation could be improved and look a lot nicer using a ready made Cut & Paste css or javascript.

7/10 good effort

wethegreenpeople

Reaction score
Not a bad start. The style you are using is out of date and old-fashioned. Why not go for modern style? You can look up at wordpress, lots of tread and u can get ideas on how to improve There's example of my old brother's website (www.mmpro.x10hosting.com) , he's a private freelance Graphic Designer. U can contact him u like. ;)

stesouthby

Reaction score
good start maybe you should think about losing the tables and going to css but other than that good start as for the way and feel of the website is simple and easy to navigate thats what a webuser wants maybe once your finsh you could start looking and modernising the site to make it look better

raymondk

Reaction score
Thank you all. Not only am I looking into CSS but I"m also looking in Include files to help improve the look and feel of the site, Question - The template that I was originally using used the includes, but also had Flat comma seperate files that had field values in them EX (Home,index.html) or the news group and content sections were listed in a flat file then formated some how, I what I am asking id how these flat files were process into there end results the Nav bar and a formated version of the news and Comments section?

graphic.flaw

Reaction score
I think the information is there but like all others I think the layout/style is a little outdated. :)

raymondk

Reaction score
I am looking to start updating the site switching over to the CSS format and modernize it, I will send out a post when I got the new site up.

bhor2brothers

Reaction score
layout looks messy for me ;D
not really that good..
but people starts from not good right?
simple looking styles w/ white theme are the best in my opinion.

miguelkp

Reaction score
1.- Try to remove the top table borders (the logo table, I mean)
2.- Consider using a good image as a logo, not plain text ('Fiend Quest').
3.- Also consider using images instead that plain menu links.
4.- As other said, try CSS. And play with padding and margin properties (specially in tables) so your texts will fit better in boxes.

raymondk

Reaction score
Thank you, I have moved to using the CSS and removed a lot of the tables that I was using, I am having trouble with one feature that I put in place where I build my Menu tabs from an XML Document that has the Heading and Link in place, I am however not able to get the CSS to be enabled on those Nodes, any help on this would be aprreciated, also what I am seing it is still showing my Javascript tag, instead of showing the links when you do a view source, again any help with this would be apreciated.

edyel190

Reaction score
That blue background with the red big font is kind of psychedelic and makes hurt my eyes, you can try with a different background maybe.​