Thanks for your previous help, but 1 more small problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

101things

Reaction score
Thankyou for your help in resolving my password and cpanel issues. I have managed to update my webpage now, and all is good....except...now when I try to post my link to facebook it says that the domain has been reported as spammy or abusive. Facebook has suggested that I contact you to remove my webpage from being blocked...here is what they have suggested:

You're seeing this error message because the content that you've attempted to post on the site has already been reported as abusive by other Facebook users. You should be able to edit your account if you do not include the offending text or URLs.

If you believe there is no abusive content on the specific website you are trying to post, unfortunately, the web domain that hosts the website has already been identified as abusive. Facebook does not have control over content that is hosted by particular web domains. To request the removal of abusive web pages that may be hosted by this domain, you will have to contact the specific domain provider.
For more information about prohibited content, please visit the Warnings section of the Help Center.

You guys have been really helpful in the past and I hope you can help one more time. You are helping the environment by doing so
Thankyou for your time!

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
There's nothing that x10hosting can do about this because the error message you posted said that other facebook users had reported your site as abusive. This was facebook's decision, so you have to appeal to them to review your case and decide whether or not to remove the block. x10hosting doesn't have any control here about what facebook decides about your account over there.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Just want to add some more information regarding possible reasons your domain is blocked.

I see that you use a subdomain from one of the domains we provide, elementfx.com, what probably happened at some point in the passed is that someone else, or even several different users, using a .elementfx.com domain posted links to Facebook that got reported as abusive.

I believe that Facebook treats all subdomains as being part of the same site, while in this case it is in fact concerning completely different sites. The abusive content would also most likely have been removed from our end, as we suspend and consequently terminated accounts that are found to be abusing the service.

This scenario could apply for any type of subdomain that is spread among several different users and not only *.elementfx.com domains. Making a plea to Facebook, and clearly explaining the case of the domain being used by several independent sites, could get them to remove the block, sadly there's no guarantee though.

Status
Not open for further replies.