The how to get your own domain for free .tk

zeldaprajihd45

Reaction score
  1. Go to http://dot.tk
  2. write your x10hosting url in the url box Screen shot 2011-10-23 at 11.17.28 AM.pngonly everything before 10x
  3. Select use DNS Screen shot 2011-10-23 at 11.21.25 AM.pngwrite the nameservers for x10: ns2.x10hosting.com and ns1.x10hosting.com each in a separate box
  4. Select Lenght of Registration (you can renew a billion times if you wish) Screen shot 2011-10-23 at 11.23.05 AM.png
  5. Fill the captcha
  6. Create an account or login with a OpenID (Google account, Yahoo account, Facebook)
  7. Login to your Account Page that looks like this Screen shot 2011-10-23 at 11.27.37 AM.png
  8. Click on hosting
  9. Uncheck the use x10 subdomain as main
  10. Type the address you created in steps 1-6 yourdomain.tk where your old x10 account url is
  11. Enjoy a videogame for a couple hours till the system changes your website to the new domain (more like 30 minutes)

shifat9672

Reaction score
I know dot.tk is good, but they have disappointed me in the last few days.

I registered a free domain : humbleshifat.tk
I was getting lot of traffic, and it seemed they did not like it. They "sold" it to another person/company/organization.

I registered another free domain : whackusto.tk
The same thing happened. This time, I managed to get the WHOIS detail:

Malo Ni Advertising Limited
16 Peel Road
Douglas IM1 4LR
Isle of Man
Phone: +44 (0)1624 623543
Fax: +44 (0)1624 623548

I really don't recommend you get their service.

The best thing you can get is a free subdomain from either x10Hosting (x10.mx, pcriot.com) or get one from afraid.org (mooo.com, us.to, uk.to and thousands more..)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear that; I had a domain with them for many months but I had no problem whatsoever. :frown:

In any case, you always have to consider that domains like Dot.tk or Co.cc are never as reliable as domain you register and pay for on NameCheap.com and GoDaddy.com; these latters are the real TLDs and should always be the best choice...but I also understand that, more often than not, wallets only allows free domains. 8)

rtzon

Prime Account
Reaction score
Thank you for posting this!

Once I set up my phpbb forum, I'll be using this :)

carrock

Reaction score
After using a free .tk domain for a year or so it has suddenly become a very expensive premium domain.
Lucky I wasn't using it for anything important......

wifiber

Reaction score
Nice.
I used to use .tk and cu.cc domains. They are alright. But all it takes is some penny saving (maybe advertising too) and you can easily get a pretty cheap .info or .net domain.

Using a .tk is good to start out though, they always delete my things for supposed "copyright issues" though, even if it's not the name of something else or something that's copyrighted.

rtzon

Prime Account
Reaction score
Yeah, they deleted my website because of too much traffic or fake copyright issues.

I needed it for a Minecraft server, but luckily I got enough donations to buy a .net domain for only $10/year at Namecheap.