The movies of 2010

Gonrah

Reaction score

2010 it's almost gone and it's time to have a look at what it offered us in these twelve months. What do you thing about the movies this year?

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
I have the same opinion about 2010 movies as I did about most of the 2009 movies.
Not one in the lot that I thought was worth shelling out $10.00 for a ticket, (plus the optional snacks), to see in a theater.
And not a one in the lot that I plan to watch on DVD or Netflix.
Somebody bring back Randolph Scott and Gene Autry.

kinley3

Reaction score
I didn't see a whole lot of movies this year, but the ones I did see were pretty good.

The Town was fantastic and gritty. I gained a new respect for Ben Affleck as an actor. As far as Affleck movies I've seen, it is by far his best acting job.

Inception just blew my mind. Out of the movies I saw this year, it's hard for me to decide if Inception or The Town is the best.

Shutter Island was good, but I didn't think it was anything exceptional.

The A-Team was action-packed and explosive, but that's pretty much it. Good nonetheless.

Alice in Wonderland was really the only movie I saw that I didn't really like. It was just kind of ho-hum to me. Not really exciting.

tim4rd

Prime Account
Reaction score
Toy Story 3 was a good effort, I was hoping it wouldn't ruin the fantastic films that had come before it and to be fair to Disney Pixar, as always, it was brilliant.

Can't really think of many others that stood out that much, didn't really get to the cinema that often this year I don't think. Watched the new Harry Potter in Boston when I was away to do some Christmas shopping too. It was good I guess but I'm sure the finale will be the best film of the lot.

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
Overall I think it's been a pretty standard year for the film industry this year: a few noteworthy films, a fair number of average films and some absolute rubbish.

Anyway, that reminds me of this (A sort of compilation of lots of 2010 films). Award to whoever can name all 270 films without using the video description:

[video=youtube;I4dEWOB6THE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4dEWOB6THE[/video]

Last edited:

ben.arundel28

Reaction score
Toy Story 3 was a very good film glad they made it,

No good zombie films this year, shame

The other Guys was very funny,other than that dont think much of 2010 films,

rajat44

Banned
Reaction score
not many good movies!
But, being passionate about computers, technology, and a die hard fan of the internet as a whole, i really LOVED The Social Network! :D

p.s.- it was inspiring too.. ;)

Gonrah

Reaction score

I agree with rajat44 about the Social Network.

The Book of Eli is my favourite movie this year. Its premiere was in January but I still remember the incredible story and wonderful acting.

The Sorcerer's Apprentice was also a quality production. Well, Nicolas Cage have better roles but it wasn't so bad.

In the world of animation there was one good movie that nobody mention - How to Train Your Dragon. Yes, it's also far from DreamWorks best movies but its not to be missed.

2010 wasn't the greatest year in history of cinema but it will be remembered with some good movies (many of them you already mentioned) .

How about the new 2011? Will we see better films or it will be the same as 2010?

vv.bbcc19

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score

2010 it's almost gone and it's time to have a look at what it offered us in these twelve months. What do you thing about the movies this year?

2010 is a mixed year where in there are some nice movies like Guzarish(HINDI) but could not deal at boxoffice but some very bad movies like Tees Maar Khan which could not perform anyway.
Hollywood..Its a normal year though ..no big hit ..not a super flop.

saim

Reaction score
hey...
for me the movie for 2010 is.....
it just awesome movie.... i just love it.... it give new beginning to 3d type films...

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
Avatar was released in 2009 (just). Ok, there have been special edition releases this year, but the main film wasn't.

Gonrah

Reaction score
James Cameron's film is not the only one with that name. Avatar: The last airbender came in 2010 and maybe that is the movie that saim spoke about.

vv.bbcc19

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
James Cameron's film is not the only one with that name. Avatar: The last airbender came in 2010 and maybe that is the movie that saim spoke about.

Airbender - ha man..it was such a pain on the eyes.Actors were faking accent.Graphics were OK

Danielx386

Reaction score
The only movie I saw this year was the Devil, it was good but I don't think I would buy it on DVD

[video=youtube;bITfOdMmRY8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bITfOdMmRY8[/video]