The MySQL server is currently offline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

electroncom

Reaction score
Hi I have been having this issue today not being able to connect to my site or my wp-admin. It gives and SQL error and when I checked My Sql I got:

The MySQL server is currently offline.
Error while connecting to MySQL: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) Error while connecting to MySQL: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Mysql.pm line 165.

My site is
learning.electronicsandgifts.com

Can you help please. Thanks

ic1101

Reaction score
Same issue here. I use wordpress and used the default installation so all works fine, checked my config.php and it matches up to mysql info. Since i have deleted install.php it keeps me in a redirect loop. I hope they're aware it's down and will have it fixed asap, glad im not the only one... thought i lost my data there to a hacker when it defaulted to wp-admin/install.php lol but no just paniced and notice it's a mysql server downtime.

ic1101

Reaction score
edit: sorry, forum wouldn't post. Pressed post reply like 4 times in the space of 5minutes before it took my post, sorry for the dupe.

electroncom

Reaction score
Yes it comes up and then goes down again. I just stated to notice it today. Another forum said it was a cache issue with the SQL Varnish Server but I don't know anything about that. I hope its fixed soon Im trying to learn WP and was working on my demo site.

epicure2

Reaction score
It may be fixed for now, but the outage corrupted some of my tables and wiped the collation.

ic1101

Reaction score
Not working for me still. I get this error when trying to browse a table in my database "Unknown table engine 'InnoDB'"

refportx

Reaction score
is it still "offline"? I still see these errors:

***: Unknown collation '#224' in table '***' definition
***: Unknown table engine 'InnoDB'

When checking it on phpmayadmin, collation is "in use" for all of my tables (except 1).

To me it seems more like a corrupted DB. Hope it is not the case.

Last edited:

manshx10

Reaction score
I agree, still getting the error: #1286 - Unknown table engine 'InnoDB'

nacioval

Reaction score
I have the same error

Code:
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1286 - Unknown table engine 'InnoDB'
Query:
SELECT s.*, u.username, u.usergroup, u.displaygroup, u.avatar FROM mybb_dvz_shoutbox s LEFT JOIN mybb_users u ON u.uid = s.uid WHERE s.text IS NOT NULL ORDER BY s.id DESC LIMIT 20

carlospi

Reaction score
Hi.

I have the same problem: error: #1286 - Unknown table engine 'InnoDB'

What can I do?

Thanks

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

The MySQL connection issues reported earlier in the thread should now be resolved. There was some minor service disruption during an upgrade of our free hosting servers yesterday.

However, it looks as though there are some problems with InnoDB for MySQL. This only affects users on XO4. I have escalated this issue to higher staff, and this should be resolved shortly. Sorry for the trouble here; just to clarify, your tables are inaccessible, but have not been erased.

Thank you,

ic1101

Reaction score
Thanks for the update. Yeah i'm on xo4 and site not working due to no mysql connection. Please post once resolved, thanks!

epicure2

Reaction score
Hi, please keep us posted on this. I am also provisioned on x04 and my dbs are experiencing the storage engine identifier and collation issues.

What version of MySQL does free hosting currently support? My cPanel is reporting 5.1.73-cll after it complained of an outdated version during the outage.

nacioval

Reaction score
The error was changed to this

Code:
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
2002 - Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
Query:
[READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server

epicure2

Reaction score
Happy to report that my site is back up again. Checked cPanel and MySQL version is now at 5.5.48-cll. Phpmyadmin also displays the correct engine and collation for my databases. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.