!!!! The NEW Biggest thread !!!!

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Yay!
I can finally have my own forums to moderate! (Earning Money and Ads & Offers)
Ahh, back to designing my own Blog system.
:)

LHVWB

Reaction score
Hey, congradulations DeadBattery. Hopefully everything else will be worked out soon as well. Including the new website.

Man, I haven't been posting so much for a day or two and all of a sudden we reached 1000 posts and went past it. Spammers! :p

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
Wow, that actually worked. Defec you rock :). I'll build a class with all the upload and directory creations needed for the arcade based on this, it'll save a lot of time when writing chunks of the administration panel which have to manage the game directories. I need to fix the bug where folders sometimes become orphaned when the game is removed from the site using the deletion wizard; but I've been unable to reproduce it so I think it's the file permissions on my test server. I'll CHMOD them all and see if I can make it break then :).

Thanks again Defec!

-Luke.

Mitch

Reaction score
We need to make this thread bigger, because the ban game thread in forum games is bigger. In total 1,631 posts. And we got here only 1064 posts.

But do you posts in forum games count for the posts that you make?

Last edited:

LHVWB

Reaction score
They used to, a few months ago, but now they don't, you do however get credits, which should probably be fixed as well. ;)

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
Defec, I'm going to kill you, one of your scripts (Probably the StatBar) got my account suspended for High Resource Usage.

I wish all Staff got immunity from suspension. lol.

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
Don't kill Defec! I'll be screwed when I need help with my obfuscated and annoying PHP scripts :eek4:!

-Luke.

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
Don't kill Defec! I'll be screwed when I need help with my obfuscated and annoying PHP scripts !
Don't worry Luke, I'm not going to the Congo so he's safe.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Hey guys, how's everything today/tonight? Having fun getting your hosting accounts suspended I see? :p

Daniel S

Reaction score
Defec, I'm going to kill you, one of your scripts (Probably the StatBar) got my account suspended for High Resource Usage.

I wish all Staff got immunity from suspension. lol.

I am immune because I am on the paid server and i have no limits on my php (To please Luke as well).

Mitch

Reaction score
Hey guys, how's everything today/tonight? Having fun getting your hosting accounts suspended I see? :p

No, i haven't got fun for getting my account suspended. Because i haven't got my account suspended. (only ones for inactive on these forums).
But i will have fun tonight by playing FPS games. Like CoD.

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
He never said anything about the Staff Server, he said he was on a Paid Server. lol.

Lol sorry didn't read that right, I think I'm tired. I was going to say, that ain't fair. Lol I'll just shut up.

-Luke.

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
YAY! I just finished my directoryDelete() function, it's basic and I haven't added error checking yet, but it does the job great. I think I'll write something to chmod the files though, because permissions on my Linux testing server aren't right.

Anyways, here goes. Defec, your wisdom would be ace here.
PHP:
 function directoryDelete($dir) {
  $openDir = dir($dir);
  while($file = $openDir->read()) {
   if($file != '.' && $file != '..') {
    if(is_dir($dir .'/'. $file)) {
     directoryDelete($dir .'/'. $file);
    } else {
     @unlink($dir .'/'. $file);
    }
   }
  }
  $openDir->close();
  rmdir($dir);
 }
Thanks Defec, you rock. Do you reckon this is OK, or is there anything you'd change? After a bit of research I found an idea for a loop for the subdirectories, which seems to run OK for me at least. Thoughts welcome.

-Luke.

Daniel S

Reaction score
No paid server like I said in my post not staff server. I have the development package.

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
I know, I'm having a bad day; sorry everyone.

What's everyone doing then?

-Luke.

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
Well I've been making more changes to my Admin Panel. I've done things like updated the cPanelAPI to Defec's latest version, improved my functions file (Grouped some stuff into classes, and merged some functions.). I've also removed some hard coded values like Max Disk Space and Max Bandwidth, so when/if my account is upgraded it'll update automatically.

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
Cool. I'm working on integrating all my functions into classes and making the arcade more function based, but it's taking forever. I wish I'd coded it all right from the start, I've scrapped pretty much all the code and am re-writing the entire admin cp for the second time this month, found better ways of doing things.

-Luke.