!!!! The NEW Biggest thread !!!!

zen-r

Reaction score
No rain here! Just cloudy.

It was hot & sunny again here yesterday, but today is a Bank Holiday Monday (public holiday) so that always seems to guarantee that we won't get sun. And surprise surprise, we didn't!

So no trip to the beach for me today as I had planned.
sad3.gif
Mind you, there are lots of beaches near where I live, so it can wait until another day.
dirol.gif

zen-r

Reaction score
bank holdiay? what for?

No particular reason. Since 1871, the name Bank Holiday comes from the time when banks were shut and so no trading could take place. They happen on the same days every year - we get 2 in May.

Many other businesses traditionally closed as well, so that everyone got a much needed holiday. Now many businesses like shops stay open, so it's becoming a bit pointless really.

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
pointless? holidays are never pointless. I enjoyed our holdiay here.
yahoo.gif

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
no, but it's another reason to have a holiday.
yahoo.gif

tridge

Reaction score
Hello guys! Just woke up at work, fell asleep for the last hour, oops.

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
uhoh. Did you have game up on your screen and your boss just walked in when you woke up? :biggrin:

zen-r

Reaction score
Hello guys! Just woke up at work, fell asleep for the last hour, oops.

I hope your boss doesn't find your post here, admitting your crime! Hehe.

Mind you, while you were sleeping you could have been coming up with some really creative ideas that will revolutionise your place of work. You should be paid extra for that sleep you just had.

Or do you work in a mattress testing company? Putting in over-time!

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Actually, I'm his boss, and Thomas Ridge, I just left a 'fired' form at your desk. You have till the end of today to wrap things up. Thankyou.

Last edited:

zen-r

Reaction score
Do me a favour someone & tell me please, do these posts indicate I may be getting a little impatient with time wasters around here? ;

http://forums.x10hosting.com/market...te-logo-design-already-done-3.html#post546737

http://forums.x10hosting.com/review-my-site/98199-cafe-blog.html#post546746

http://forums.x10hosting.com/market...best-slogan-web-design-firm-4.html#post546731

Do you ever have one of those days, where your patience is running out & it starts to show up in your online posts? Lol.

Last edited:

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
first link: you just missed something.

second link: yeah, you were being a bit cynical.

third link: sounds like your silly self!:lol:

zen-r

Reaction score
1) What did I miss in the first link?

2) Cynical, but not at least giving it straight?

3) How many times do you have to tell people that a competition is over before they actually stop?

I'm having "Just one of those days" then?!! Hehe.

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
1) What did I miss in the first link?
You missed that people who did the large images said that it was a large size and that they would then scale it down the the size he wanted if he chose the image! ;)

2) Cynical, but not at least giving it straight?
Is it really wasting time to review someone else's site?

3) How many times do you have to tell people that a competition is over before they actually stop?
How many times have I heard you say things like that. :lol:

I'm having "Just one of those days" then?!! Hehe.
Sounds pretty normal to me.:eek4: :)

zen-r

Reaction score
1) No I didn't miss that. I'm not talking about the size of the work they produced. There are 2 images in his attachment - a big one & a small one, & they are working on the big one, not the small one like he asked. Perhaps you're another one of those people who can't read a thread properly? ;)

2) The waste of time wasn't referring to doing the review. It was referring to most of his pointless articles.

3) Yes, how many? Please show me where! Would you rather I didn't try to do these people a favour & point out that a competition or thread was actually closed a long time ago? I seem to remember a few recent posts by your good self, where you complained that people were resurrecting old threads. :biggrin:

"Sounds pretty normal to me" - You're not wrong there!

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
1) No I didn't miss that. I'm not talking about the size of the work they produced. There are 2 images in his attachment - a big one & a small one, & they are working on the big one, not the small one like he asked. Perhaps you're another one of those people who can't read a thread properly? ;)
Yup, I must be! hehe

2) The waste of time wasn't referring to doing the review. It was referring to most of his pointless articles.
Well, wasn't that part of the review. :dunno:

3) Yes, how many? Please show me where! Would you rather I didn't try to do these people a favour & point out that a competition or thread was actually closed a long time ago? I seem to remember a few recent posts by your good self, where you complained that people were resurrecting old threads. :biggrin:
It's all over and it's what defines you.:thefinger Did I say it was bad?

"Sounds pretty normal to me" - You're not wrong there!
Yeah, all in all, I couldn't really of told that you were upset over anything.
So why are you wasting my time like this?:naughty:

Last edited:

zen-r

Reaction score
Hehe.

Anyone else ever have one of those days, where your patience is running out & it starts to show up in your online posts?

Ichwar : you should remember that whilst it may only be early afternoon over there in the U.S. when most of this posting is going on, it's much later here in the U.K. & I may have had a loooonnnnng day. That's my excuse! That, & the fact that I enjoy moaning!

I was thinking of starting a new thread where people can moan about stuff that's happened in their day, happened on X10, or at work, school etc, & just get it off their chest. It can be quite therapeutic. And other people can give them feedback, like you did for me. I feel better now!

Do you think the thread would be a good idea? Would you use it? :)

Last edited:

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It sounds like a wonderful idea, I just hope I'm not going to get banned for visiting it.

stunna

Reaction score
I think we should rename this thread to "Thread with the most views" lol.

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
See zener, there are still people who read the small print. The situation is not as hopeless as you thought. :lol: