The Sims 3 - have you had enough?

The Sims 3 - What do you think?

• I agree with all of the above. I ain't buying it for now.

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Who cares about The Sims anymore!

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I want The Sims 3! Gimme!

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • I still think it should be a great game - but I don't want it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Oh god, not another EA Game!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

freenetter

Reaction score
I think it's ridiculous that Maxis/EA Games have started The Sims 3 content from scratch. So if nuts to all that money you paid for all the excellent Sims 2 expansion packs and stuff packs, say goodbye to

• Business
  • Vacations/Holidays
  • Pets
  • Going to college/university
  • Seasons/weather (Slightly possible it may make it into The Sims 3
  • Apartments
  • Hobbies (Still not 100% sure whether or not this will make it into TS3)
  • Several realistic things in The Sims 2 : -
  • Cars that actually DRIVE out from your DRIVEWAY - in The Sims 3 they 'fade in and out of your lot' - what the hell?!?!? :nuts:
  • Actually going into community lots - apparently your Sim will 'fade in and out of a restaurant, emerging with their food and sitting down at an outside table' - right...... :eek4:
  • Going to a clothing store to buy clothes - now, just like in Sims 1, all outfits in the Sims country have been kindly placed in your closet by the Lord of SimsVille, just like that - talk about saving money! Seriously, we know the financial crisis is biting, but can't our sims still go to the friggin clothing store? Apparently not. :dunno:
There is no way in the world that I am going to buy The Sims 3 for a while, maybe when Maxis/EA Games come out with a deluxe edition that includes expansion packs will I consider purchasing it.

What do you think?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I haven't even got any of the other The Sims games, but I've tried them... so far I think the first one has been the best, in the second it took me about an hour to get damn annoyed... In my opinion the time runs a tad bit to fast in the game, there's really no sence in it taking half an hour or so for the sim to use the bathroom... time is not in proportion I'd say. Also the overall gameplay runs to fast, after 29 game days you're an elder? makes no sence to me, I actually played a sim to become an elder... and yes I suppose you can continue to play as a senior, but ALL other in the community stays the same age as they were before, that is really dumb...

If the third proves better I might by it, but only if I can get a chance to try it first to see if it is worth it.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
If 3 brings back most of the stuff they added into 2, I might look at getting it.

But for now, power to TS2, and my freakin 20gb downloads folder. I guarantee TS3 won't work with at least 19gb of them either :(

Edit: One of the sims 2 expansions added an "age-with-me" system LadyAnna, although I forget which one. Boils down to on your sims B-Day, they can pick 3 friends in the community to age-up with them.

Last edited:

freenetter

Reaction score
my freakin 20gb downloads folder.

Edit: One of the sims 2 expansions added an "age-with-me" system LadyAnna, although I forget which one. Boils down to on your sims B-Day, they can pick 3 friends in the community to age-up with them.

Yeah I have heaps of downloads too; of course none of them will work in TS3 :happysad:

And I think it's FreeTime that introduces that 'Age with me' system.

kieran5676

Reaction score
I like the sims games, well, I would, but I can't play them because of $€curom giving me BSoDs every 10 minutes, thank god I have a seperate gaming partition...

I do agree, an 'age with me' feature would improve realism...

thesims3mods

Reaction score
TS3 is totally different then the others. Its more of a RPG type game where you have set objectives you can complete. Also instead of lots you have a completely seamless town to venture out into and see what the other sims are doing