The Unofficial Site Check

port5900

Reaction score
Hey everyone, this year I'm going to try my luck with being a freelancing designer. So heres what I got so far. First let me tell you what works and what dont.

Needs to be fixed:
Business Cards is spelled wrong on the first page, LOL don't kill me on that!
The portfolio page is not finished so its not there, the contact forum is not hooked up to the PHP script so dont try to contact me. I just put it there for looks, it has to be replaced. CSS on the first page needs to be fixed cause "News" and "Featured" changes places in iE6 and 7.

What you guys can help me with:
The Bugs all on the first page
iE6 very bad with Transparent PNG's so I used a Javascript fix I found on the net. "Business Cards" if your using iE it might shows up with a white box around it. Please let me know if any one has this problem cause I think its fixed. Next the words "News" "Featured" "What We Do" and "Lets Talk" if you notice those fonts are selectable and not in your system but shows up in the browser, I'm using some crazy $h!+ to pull that off. Let me know If that works also.

If you find problems, I Would pay with creds but I never figured out how to...I dont even know how much I got. Any how your better off asking me for a small Design favor like a sig or some thing, not "Can you design my site". -=)

http://www.spydertechusa.com/deyons/

Last edited:

pib.rivas

Reaction score
I don't know if this counts but...

Hey I like your website, it have a very good color combination The red and green banner it's such a good concept.
But... I don't know if this counts like a bug... In the Services page, when u make a zoom in with mozilla the words change the place but the red header stay with the same size.

I like much the page.

I sorry for my English, I hope you understain what I wrote.

Bye :cool:

alicia85

Reaction score
I like your site, the seedling graphic is a nice touch. :) I can't offer any help with bugs or anything, but I can suggest a couple of grammar changes on the 'Services' page.

"From building websites that takes advantages of today’s advance Web Technologies"

to:

"From building websites that take advantage of today’s advance Web Technologies"

and there's a small typo towards the end,

"There is not point to a website if there is even one visitor that’s not able to retrieve information."

I don't know if it even matters that much, slightly wrong grammar is just a pet peeve of mine. Although my grammar is far from perfect! ;)

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
First of all I want to say you have some great ideas. Your slogan is good and you sure don't lack creativity.

The bad part is that I just can't understand color combination. You used a beautiful red and combined it with green (witch is a good natural contrast) but then you used dark gray for the rest of the page without any reason. Here's an advice. If you don't thing you chose a right color just ask yourself why you used it. There has to be a reason to use some color and you (designer) have to know it so others (visitors) can feel it.

One more thing. Page titles (like "PORTFOLIO" and "SERVICES") are bigger and bolder then your logo but same color and style making visitor confused. You have to make your logo stand out by adding some contrast. Why not make it green? On the other hand positioning of the title is strange. It's not aligned with logo, horizontal aliment ... what horizontal aligned.

That's it for know. Sorry if I'm too hard but that's just who I am.