The x10 community rating/credit system explained

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
The following post will not be updated anymore, please see http://x10hosting.com/wiki/The_Rating\Credit_System_Explained.

Corey has recently made a few changes to the overall community and support systems of x10. This is a simple entry to try to sort it all out.

The Reputation (also known as rep)

Reputation is now at the centre of the support system. Reputation basically states if the user can be trusted or not. If a user provided you with support or gave some advice that helped you out, you can always add some reputation to that person. Reputation should be used principally when the advice was directed at us. Reputation should as well be principally given in the threads that request support or help. (This is a huge hint for the people asking for help in the free hosting section...)
However, if the user directly gave you some advice that was clearly, not only misleading but also, intended of doing harm or messing up your computer/website/etc. then you should envisage of giving negative reputation. Be careful, as that feature is pretty powerful, and abuse can easily degenerate and get you banned. Don't act as a kid when you receive negation rep, but try to get some constructive criticism on how to improve the quality of your posts.

Reputation is like the tip you leave for a waiter at your table. You give them more if they were good (i.e. positive rep), and you give none (i.e. negative rep) if they were bad.

Corey has written a [post=574916]post[/post] explaining the intricate details of the system, if you are interested.

To add to the reputation of a user, click on the little image (
reputation.gif
) in top right section of each post.

Thanking

You might have noticed that now, along with the quote button, there is a "Thanks" link, with a thumbs up image, at the bottom of each post (except yours). Thanking is somewhat similar to reputation, but is still different. You thank someone that gave good information about any subject, you thank someone that help you clarify your point. You may also thank someone that hasn't help you but gave good advice to someone else and helped solve that person's problem.

Thanking does give points, but it's more of a casual action. It's like a big pat on the shoulder.

Post Helpfulness

POST HELPFULNESS HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY DISABLED.

This last feature is only found in the free hosting section. The two thumbs are located right between the blue thanks button and the yellow quote button. This feature is used to indicate if the advice given in a post was useful. This is mainly to tell other users if the advice given helped you and if they should try it as well.

Credits

Credits are the currency of the x10hosting forums. Credits are like regular money, meaning that you receive then for doing some things (posting in the forums) and you can donate them or exchange them for services.
However, keep in mind that not all forums distribute credits per port at the sate rate! Some forums give [post=702730]more credits per post, while others less[/post]. The rate at which credits are given also varies with [post=575238]your user group[/post]. How you manage your credits is left up to you.

Last edited:

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Thanks, very informative. How long does it take for you to be added to one of these groups after meeting the requirements??

user681

Reaction score
how much credits do you make per post??
and how does one see their own credits??
and how is it calculated??

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Thanks, very informative. How long does it take for you to be added to one of these groups after meeting the requirements??
you get added automatically to the group. but to get some of the special add-ons it might take some time, since it has to be manually done (extra space, ...)

and how does one see their own credits??
you can see your credits in the post_bit info, the column to the left hand side of your post.
it will say:
Credits: xxx [Check]

Last edited:

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Ok. Informative post about the reputation. :)

Keep it up.

user681

Reaction score
you get added automatically to the group. but to get some of the special add-ons it might take some time, since it has to be manually done (extra space, ...)

you can see your credits in the post_bit info, the column to the left hand side of your post.
it will say:
Credits: xxx [Check]

ok, but how does the credit system works?? is there like a number of credits for x number of posts?

xav0989

Community Support
Reaction score
ok, but how does the credit system works?? is there like a number of credits for x number of posts?
Each time you post on the forums, you get credits. You get more credits when you start a thread or in certain forums. However, there are also forums that do not add post to your post count or credits to your account.
As for the ratio, I think only Corey ( and maybe administrators) know the ratio of credits/post. However, I do know that some user groups get credits faster than others.

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Don't quote me on this, but I think that posting in "forum games" section gives less or no credits, although I think the posts do count towards total posts, then in for example "programming help" section.

Various sections do give different ratios of credits vs posts.

vishal

-::-X10 Guru-::-
Community Support
Reaction score
Can someone tell me how the post varies as Elder or Community Advocate etc

vishal

-::-X10 Guru-::-
Community Support
Reaction score
Thks for the link. i was looking for this some time

xav0989

Community Support
Reaction score
However, the user group (community advocate, paragon, leader) take over the rank.

xav0989

Community Support
Reaction score
Could someone that can edit posts edit the topic to change the rep icon?

bloodhound15

Reaction score
wow thats cool
but what can you "buy" with the credits?

Edit:
ow nvm i know it you can rank with it didnt read it good

Last edited: