third level problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmestati

Reaction score
Hi
on old platform i had a third level like m.rmestation.tk that pointed to /m folder... now i receive an error when i try to go to m.rmestation.tk

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access this resource.Server unable to read htaccess file, denying access to be safe

please, how can i solve it? thanks in advance!

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Is there any kind of index file such as a index.html or index.php?
Did you use to have a listing of files and folders previously?

If the last statement is true, you would need to create/edit a .htaccess file in that folder. You would need to add the following line:

Options +Indexes

Directory listing is by default turned off as it is a security risk to show what files/folders you have. The safer option would be to create an index.html and create code that links to each and every one of the files you want to access.

rmestati

Reaction score
of course i had in ./m folder and index.php
is the "mobile" version of the main site... more simple than the original...
the .htaccess is the same that was on old server... i haven't change anything but now i have the error of the first post...

springbox99

Reaction score
Try to modify .htaccess adding "Options +Indexes", as Anna suggest. If it doesn't work, this is a subdomain issue. You should rename m folder, delete and recreate your subdomain with DirectAdmin, then moove your files from the old folder you renamed to the new one. You shouldn't have 403 error anymore. This is because DirectAdmin doesn't manage subdomains as CPanel did.

rmestati

Reaction score
thank you soo much! recreating the subdomain works immediatly !
best regards !

Status
Not open for further replies.