Time on Straka

Status
Not open for further replies.

tobyadams

Reaction score
Analytic plugins on my site aren't working as the time on Straka has gone slow by six hours. Fix please?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Running "Date" on Starka does report the correct server time for the timezone it is located in, which would be central US.

tobyadams

Reaction score
UTC and GMT are the same right? It is currently reporting UTC as 06:40 whereas it is actually 11:40. This was correct a few days ago.

MaestroFX1

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
UTC and GMT are same!
Timezone difference = 0

06:40(+6hrs) is Central Time(GMT +6hrs)
Timezone difference = +6hrs

tobyadams

Reaction score
Yes, so now it is 11:53, but the server is reporting it as 6:53 which means analytics dont work as the 'timestamp is too old'

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I can not change the server to operate under GMT/UTC, as that would likely break a lot of things for other users. The server time will always be showing US Central time.

Running the command "Date" in SSH returns: "Sat Apr 16 06:58:51 CDT 2011" which is correct for the timezone the server is set to use (CDT).

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Right, that would more then likely be due to the work that is done on the actual webservers then, they are being upgraded to new hardware and at this time I do not have access to those, but will look into that as soon as I get that.

Sorry for not making that connection earlier, should have realized that they held a part in the problems.

Last edited:

tobyadams

Reaction score
No worries, and no big issue really. It's only my calling card site.

Thanks for the absolutely amazing service otherwise :)

Status
Not open for further replies.