Time to MAKE MONEY!!!!! COME AND JOIN ME! FREE "SCAM"

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Okay here is the deal, as one of my new scam ideas "HEHEH" ...I am making a site...where I am buying x from people all over the world for y dollars.....

THEN....someone else makes a site...selling x for z dollars (which is less than y dollars...)...

People buy x, for z dollars....and try to sell to me "hehehe"....but I act like I don't want x anymore...and heck...look here, we sold something for z dollars...that people were going to make a profit off of by selling it to me for y dollars....

So who wants to help me???

We can share profits...50/50??

-----------

Well now let me talk about this seriously......here is a legitamate exaplination...

Once upon a time, in a village, a man appeared and announced to the villagers that he would buy monkeys for $10 each.

The villagers, seeing that there were many monkeys around, went out to the forest and started catching them. The man bought thousands at $10.

And, as supply started to diminish, the villagers stopped their effort. He further announced that he would now buy at $20 for a monkey.

This renewed the efforts of the villagers and they started catching monkeys again.

Soon the supply diminished even further and people started going back to their farms. The offer increased to $25 each, and the supply of monkeys became so small that it was an effort to even find a monkey, let alone catch it!

The man now announced that he would buy monkeys at $50! However, since he had to go to the city on some business, his assistant would now buy on behalf of him.

In the absence of the man, the assistant told the villagers. "Look at all these monkeys in the big cage that the man has collected. I will sell them to you at $35, and when the man returns from the City, you can sell them to him for $50 each."

The villagers rounded up all their savings and bought all the monkeys. They never saw the man nor his assistant again, only monkeys everywhere!

Now you learned how to make money the QUICK WAY...
----

What do you all think, if the assistant made 546,735$ in one month, can't we all do it?? Feel free to discuss.... :)

(I am in a happy mood...so I might as well share, the assistant was my uncle, twice removed from my mothers side, who was also Bill Gates.)

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
I say, instead you should write a book on how to do it, sell it to people, and let them do the dirty work :biggrin:

I can't find a way to call this illegal, but it's definitely an interesting way to get people caught in their own greed.

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
I can't find a way to call this illegal, but it's definitely an interesting way to get people caught in their own greed.

Didn't Martha Stewart get arrested for something similar to this, where it didn't really seem illegal but it was?

Edit: Similar not in the way of the concept of what she did, but the fact that she had some behind-the-scenes knowledge of something and got rich off of it.

Last edited:

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I wasn't being serious when I had this thing posted.

just wanted to let you all know, how the stockmarket worked. Think about it, with the monkeys and such. Then tell me if you understand...it's funny to change the stockmarket into something like this, and still get paid soo much.

I'm new to stocks, and such, been trading currencies, but heck I'm doing pretty good, with someone who has no trading experience or knowledge.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Didn't Martha Stewart get arrested for something similar to this, where it didn't really seem illegal but it was?

Edit: Similar not in the way of the concept of what she did, but the fact that she had some behind-the-scenes knowledge of something and got rich off of it.

Stocks are very tightly regulated. It is illegal for someone with insider information on a company to do certain things. Internet sale of products, on EBay or Craig's list, aren't.

It's one of those things that you could probably get in trouble because it's illegal per se, which means it doesn't break any written law, but it's clear to everyone that it ought to be breaking a law. You can be convicted of doing something illegal per se, but it's harder than heck to get it to stick.

I wouldn't do this either way, but I think we're all used to John Klyne posting very interesting ideas that none of us would do :lol:

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Still trying to find a way, to do this, not with the market but with a unique product I can create...selling it for lower than what my neighbor buys it for, would make me money...and well my neighbor would never buy because he is already making money from my sales...

Can anyone think of a time where someone has tried something like this? I am quite interested, but then it takes action to back up every pocket in your pants full of cash. I haven't seen something like this take place, or (I have not really found a place to look) but if anyone has any insight, it would be greatly appreciated.

----
garrettroyce, what is it your liquid php site is about? Do you make scripts for cash or...?

Last edited:

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
liquidPHP is a revolutionary php5 oop forum software that garrett started and that is now at around 26% of completion until beta release.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
liquidPHP is a revolutionary php5 oop forum software that garrett started and that is now at around 26% of completion until beta release.

:biggrin: what he said

It's moving in too many directions at once to say exactly what it will be, but I hope that it will be revolutionary and will be able to run a forum. Right now, my main focus in a templating system and a database abstraction system that would form the core of any php based software needing output and a database...mainly, all of them :D

Anyhoo, to stay on topic for the "off topic" topic (whew!) this isn't possible to accomplish.

1.) It requires a finite supply of something easily obtainable and freely available. If the item(s) are too hard to get, or cost money to get, people won't want to be involved. If there's an unlimited supply, why would people want to buy them back? You'd have to be 100% in control of the supply.
2.) It requires instantaneous transactions to occur. As more and more people buy into the scheme, more and more will realize the sham, and will be looking for answers. As soon as one single person finds out, the gig is up. So, everyone would have to buy and sell at the same exact time for this to work.
3.) It is probably illegal per se. I don't pretend to be an expert on trade law, but if it isn't outright illegal, which I don't think it is, illegal per se has a good chance of sticking in court.
4.) Expect competition. If there's money to be made, someone will make a business out of it. Someone may buy your product for more than you buy it or sell it for less than you sell it.
5.) Shipping, handling, and maintenance (server, domain registration, credit card) fees will eat profits.
6.) Angry people in large groups. Expect to hear from groups with a lot of weight to throw around, in example the BBB, and the millions of bloggers out there.

A good example of illegal per se (that wikipedia also cites): everyone is allowed to have a drivers license, granted they meet the criteria. Everyone is allowed to consume alcohol, granted they meet the criteria. No one is allowed to drive after consuming too much alcohol. The DUI laws are derived from illegal per se because even though the driver is doing two perfectly legal things, it ought to be illegal that he is, considering there are terrible consequences.

So, it's not illegal to sell or to buy anything, granted they aren't intrinsically illegal, but it would be illegal per se to manufacture supply and demand to mislead consumers into purchasing something. This is assuming you are caught, of course, but as I listed above, I don't think it's possible in the first place.

I'm also using the hypothetical "you" and not "you, John Klyne" ;)

Last edited:

fractalfeline

Reaction score
I wasn't being serious when I had this thing posted.

just wanted to let you all know, how the stockmarket worked. Think about it, with the monkeys and such. Then tell me if you understand...it's funny to change the stockmarket into something like this, and still get paid soo much.

I'm new to stocks, and such, been trading currencies, but heck I'm doing pretty good, with someone who has no trading experience or knowledge.

Such the truth. :lol:

Fun thread.

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
You always post interesting things, lol

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
You always post interesting things, lol

Everytime you post a reply to my threads, you always make me laugh or smile, for that I thankyou : )

Edit: I must say, though, I said this to a teacher of mine, (he used to be a stock broker who made millions) he did not respond negatively at all, instead he laughed when he started to think about it.

Last edited: