.TK Addresses can now be a "Domain"

noaruhikari

Reaction score
Many of you may know this already, but for those of you who don't know the ".TK" short addresses can now be used as an actual domain. Many of you like co.cc for the other features it provides, however .tk can do most of what co.cc can do. (Excluding cname). For those of you who don't know how to do this, follow this:

Register your domain at .TK

click use your own DNS, (second option) fill in the name servers for x10hosting.

Code:
ns1.x10hosting.com
ns2.x10hosting.com
===============
If you already have a .TK domain, log into your already existing account
Choose your domain from the list, click modify

click the option which says "Use custom DNS Service"
fill in the name servers for x10hosting
Code:
ns1.x10hosting.com
ns2.x10hosting.com
----------------------------

After either of the above two options have been done go to your cpanel, and add your domain you used for the name servers. (In the Addon Domain Section of the cpanel of course)

NOTE: It may take up to 72 hours for this to completely work and be online to everyone because of Propagation.

Hope this helps those of you who don't know or didn't know about this! ^^,

~Happy Hosting.

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. I used to have a .tk domain set up for redirection, but I never actually used the .tk URL, so it expired because I didn't have enough visitors; I mainly only publicize my Co.CC URL.

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
OK, good info. I will check it later.

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
Its great thanks for the info....

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
.tk domain not appear in search engine.

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
I beg to differ, mine is 3rd on the page out of ~500,000 on some queries. When I transferred, I lost my number 1 spot, but I'm hoping I'll work up those two places again. Admittedly, I need to work on optimising for some wider queries, but I am indexed.
I use Google Webmaster Tools and my new domain was indexed within a week.

Last edited:

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
I am also using Google webmaster Tools. Create and submit sitemap. but no result

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
How long ago did you send it? It does take a few days before the site is crawled, then a few more for results to show up. Initially, only my home page showed up in results, but it is slowly indexing more pages. I think I also tried this, I don't know if it made much difference, but it is worth a try. One other thing, make sure it doesn't say there are sitemap errors.

Last edited:

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
Ok thanks for the details. I will try this all

eddros10230

Reaction score
Many of you may know this already, but for those of you who don't know the ".TK" short addresses can now be used as an actual domain. Many of you like co.cc for the other features it provides, however .tk can do most of what co.cc can do. (Excluding cname). For those of you who don't know how to do this, follow this:

Register your domain at .TK

click use your own DNS, (second option) fill in the name servers for x10hosting.

Code:
ns1.x10hosting.com
ns2.x10hosting.com
===============
If you already have a .TK domain, log into your already existing account
Choose your domain from the list, click modify

click the option which says "Use custom DNS Service"
fill in the name servers for x10hosting
Code:
ns1.x10hosting.com
ns2.x10hosting.com
----------------------------

After either of the above two options have been done go to your cpanel, and add your domain you used for the name servers. (In the Addon Domain Section of the cpanel of course)

NOTE: It may take up to 72 hours for this to completely work and be online to everyone because of Propagation.

Hope this helps those of you who don't know or didn't know about this! ^^,

~Happy Hosting.

Nice...