.tk domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcrepai3

Reaction score
Hi guys and girls...

So i have a .tk domain name pcrepairs.tk

I am trying to use this my main domain (well technically a seperate add on domain) with my account signed to pcrepairs.pcriot.com

However it is not letting me, i get "Unable to add the domain name − Unable to create addon domain. Please verify that it has been set to the proper DNS name servers."

However it will let me create a parked domain using this name, therefore i know the dns is set correctly. also when i type pcrepairs.tk it directs me to x10hosting.

So my question is why won't it let me use it as a add on domain... also i have all domain types available:
Using 0 parked domains of your 1 allowed.
Using 0 addon domains of your 2 allowed.
Using 0 subdomains of your 2 allowed.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Seems to be set as a parked domain. If you want it as an add-on, you will have to remove it as a parked domain first.

pcrepai3

Reaction score
No you are mistaken as i said above it wont let me make it a add on full stop. i tried so before i made it a parked domain. i then made it a parked domain just to see if that would work as to say so in this post... so to confirm i removed the parked domain and .. yup still no add on ://

pcrepai3

Reaction score
Ok maybe i just use 000webhost again. i never had a single problem with them. i guess their bandwidth limit is worth it if i can actually have a site with them

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
if you're using x10 basic, try switching to cpanel x3, there's a known issue with addon domains and x10 basic theme, developer is informed.

pcrepai3

Reaction score
if you're using x10 basic, try switching to cpanel x3, there's a known issue with addon domains and x10 basic theme, developer is informed.
Thank you that has worked. i didnt think to do that.... shame i actually like the basic view. much more user friendly .. owell hopefully the developer will sort it out :)

Ok now i have another problem. i have set the domain up and have uploaded my site using ftp. in the preview window it appears that my site has loaded. however when i go to the url pcrepairs.tk it directs me to a x10hosting page saying website coming soon??? the website should be there. wow this is bad i never had any issues using 000webhost

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
That is a placeholder, which shows for a short time while the system configures itself (usually takes a couple minutes only as the httpd silently needs to restart with the new domain in its config) so it knows what content to show in that particular domain after it has been pointed to the server, unfortunately it sometimes gets stuck in the browser cache.

I can see your site properly, if you still get that one, please try clearing browser cache.

pcrepai3

Reaction score
That is a placeholder, which shows for a short time while the system configures itself (usually takes a couple minutes only as the httpd silently needs to restart with the new domain in its config) so it knows what content to show in that particular domain after it has been pointed to the server, unfortunately it sometimes gets stuck in the browser cache.

I can see your site properly, if you still get that one, please try clearing browser cache.
Thank you thats done thetrick :)

Status
Not open for further replies.