.tk

Su2000

Reaction score
It is a domain though, but you cannot use it for hosting unless it's a paid version (paiddomain.tk plan) with DNS. But I'm not sure if its accepted or not (.tk's with DNS)

icely

Reaction score
lolz.. but how do we know if someone had a free or paid one?

NiMrOd

Reaction score
if you sign up for a free domain it basicly has a page that views your page in an iframe and it has 1 add which is a popup.

warlordste

Reaction score
.tk is a free doamin it makes ur site something like yoursite.tk but you have to make sure you get 20 vists to your site a month and also if you are wondering how they make there money it because they show ad before it gose to your site:)

alfren

Reaction score
yup .tk is free but it will only hide your reall domain/subdomain in a frame or they call it domain redirection service... ^_^

Swiblet

Reaction score
A real domain is a two frame page. The top is from the .tk people, which is an ad. To get rid of the ad, you have to pay for a real domain, which does not have the ad. That is all there is to it.

~~Ben

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
Instead of asking for a hundred people's opinions on what .tk is - why not visit their website, contact their support team and ask them? Wouldn't ya think that they would know more about their service than anyone here?

dyfuse

Reaction score
Instead of asking for a hundred people's opinions on what .tk is - why not visit their website, contact their support team and ask them? Wouldn't ya think that they would know more about their service than anyone here?
Exactly the point. The website is www.dot.tk

Basically the service provides the .tk domain for free. It basically started as a way to increase awareness and possibly even create profits for the people of Tokelau Island.

Your website is www.yourdomain.tk and displays in an iframe and is surrounded by advertisements. The only way to remove those ads is to send an SMS or call a number (dependent on your country) for a fee. You must have 90 unique visits in any 3 month period. You can also purchase a .tk domain for a yearly period.

But hey, check out their website for more details.

(Another similar service is www.freedomain.co.nr which gives your website a domain in the form: www.yourdomain.co.nr)

Micro

Retired staff <i> (11-12-2008)</I>
Reaction score
Or http://www.afraid.org

Free DNS -- lots of domains that you can set nameservers in (I.e. real Domains)

E.g. one of mine is ***.uk.to and is hosted here at x10

legendphil

Reaction score
hao!

there are other URL redirects like UNI.CC and CO.CC, that is without the frame above stuff with less expense (just be sure to put a link back to their site or something).

I'm using a CO.CC redirect (pretty much useless really, I have won a domain here on the promo's 4th week). After a week or less my site is indexed in google, which helps a lot I guess if I had more key words or something.

URL redirects seem to work like a domain name for me, it makes my site's name shorter but for free. Plus be sure to check-out their features... they may have something else that is good for free.

Sohail

Reaction score
.tk is not the best for proffessionals! Too many advertisements :( I would reccomend that you goto - www.freedomain.co.nr/ - and get a redirection of yourname.co.nr to any target of your choice though if you actually want to use it as a domain name then you can for a very small fee.

munim

Reaction score
if you are even a little serious about your website, get a .com/.net/.org domain name.. they are very cheap nowadays..
using a free domain like .tk or .co.nr gives a cheap image to your site's visitors. and why should they read what's your site about if you haven't even bothered getting a good domain name for it? that's what your visitors think!
Trust me.. get a .com domain name.

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
i recomend getting a .com/org/net,
i got one for my website when i was 14, and i can easily afford to renew it each year.

warlordste

Reaction score
but .co.nr if you look in there terms of service u cannot use ur site for ani profit or personal gain so becareful what your doing if you are trying to make money out of your site i would just ethier buy may own domain or stick with the sub domain i have :)

manzoor

Reaction score
i know they are very cheap but the main problem is the payment method i don't have Credit card or any other thing im under 18 so i cannot have paypal account nor any other one

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
.tk domains are a rip off and I know a way to remove the ads without any SMS. When I had one before my site didn't even load. It had so many pop-ups I changed to iceglow.com and uni.cc which is really good.