Too many connections error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomas83

Reaction score
Hi, I run a MyBB forum. http://sarcade.net/
And I've been getting this error that says "1040 - Too many connections"
I looked this up and it's from the max_user_connections inside the SQL database.
I don't know if I can change that, which I don't think I can.
So how could I fix this error? It's an off and on error.

thomas83

Reaction score
I hardly have any users that come on to the website so there's no way I could even pass the limit of 100! Can someone please help!

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't see any such errors on your site at this moment.

One reason the limits would be exceed may be scripts that are bad at closing the connection when done with the database, that could soon build up to many connections open.

The limits are set at reasonable numbers and a with good script there should never be an error of that kind.

I did notice there's no hosting account attached to the forum account you are posting from, and since the domain is a custom one I could not turn up information based on that at this time.

I'd need to know your cPanel username to investigate further, or at least server name so I know what server to check mysql usage on.

Last edited:

thomas83

Reaction score
I don't see any such errors on your site at this moment.

One reason you'd exceed limits may be some script is bad at closing the connection when done with the database, that could soon build up to many connections open.

The limits are set at reasonable numbers and a with good script there should never be an error of that kind.

I opened up a couple of tabs and got the error and again. Even my friend got the error. And how could I fix a bad script if there is one?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I opened up a couple of tabs and got the error and again. Even my friend got the error. And how could I fix a bad script if there is one?

I added a bit to my post above, tried looking your account up and noticed there was none attached with the forum account you post from.

As to how to fix a bad script, you'd have to look at code and check how it handles the database connection, personally I'm not a php coder so I could not tell what you should look for unfortunatelly.

Please note though that the limits would be set on a per server basis rather then a per account basis as far as I know, so the issue may actually be someone else's script on the shared server you are on.

Last edited:

thomas83

Reaction score
I added a bit to my post above, tried looking your account up and noticed there was none attached with the forum account you post from.

As to how to fix a bad script, you'd have to look at code and check how it handles the database connection, personally I'm not a php coder so I could not tell what you should look for unfortunatelly.

Please note though that the limits would be set on a per server basis rather then a per account basis as far as I know, so the issue may actually be someone else's script on the shared server you are on.

Oh sorry my x10hosting account username is: Sarcadex
But I have no idea where to look for this error if there is one and I'm not a php coder either so I'd probably mess it up more if I were to find the error.

Status
Not open for further replies.