TOS query

Status
Not open for further replies.

wjh2303

Reaction score
Ive got a site id like to explore, but im worried it might be a bit border-line on the TOS, especially the file-sharing requirement, so i wanted to 'ok' before going full on with it.

I'm a trainee teacher, and would like to create a site for teaching resources to be shared between teachers in my subject. The idea would be for me and other teachers to share links and self-made resources by putting them in my web-space to access. This sounds a little bit close to the 'dont do file-sharing' requirement in the TOS, but the files are related to the website in that they are the purpose of the site, and the majority of files would probably be fairly small, i.e a few dozen kB i guess.

Thanks for any clarification.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Like a place to upload and post course notes, quizzes, links to good articles, etc?

Open to the 'general public'? ie not just a place to FTP in and out of to deposit/pickup files?

And all the files are non-copyright encumbered? ie yours or in public domain or with a sort of Creative Commons license?

wjh2303

Reaction score
yeah, thats a fairly decent description of what i had in mind...

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
What types of files these are? e.g document file or images or any other?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
File hosting would be defined as using the account only for uploading/sharing files, without a proper site.

I assume that it will be a proper site and not just a place where they can upload/download through ftp?
That's the key part, having a proper site, where the files make sense.

Although the main purpose of your site would be sharing these files, among other things, between yourself and colleagues it doesn't sound like file hosting to me. I assume that there will be a site that allows the teachers (members) to interact and communicate with the other members around these files?

wjh2303

Reaction score
types of files would most likely be documents or links in the way im seeing it at the moment. Others wouldnt be accessing it through ftp, but through a http site listing the available documents by e.g topic area. While i dont currently plan on the main site being much more than a searchabale/navigable repositry, i have set up a phpbb forum to go with it for discussion and submission of resources and anything else related to teaching in my subject area.

Status
Not open for further replies.