Tropical Storm Dolly

crazyharp81602

Reaction score
For anyone living in areas within the path of Tropical Storm Dolly on the verge to become a hurricane, how are you guys and your families preparing to weather out the storm?

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
I'm hoping that Dolly actually swerves and hits Houston (or at least spins out some storms this way). We've been through many worse hurricanes, but I for one definitely welcome this storm as we need rain.

My water bill has skyrocketed since I have to keep my lawn alive, and to prevent the dry soil from cracking my foundation

kkenny

Reaction score
Thank god I live far away from hurricanes. I heard that some of my friends' family are just packing up into RVs and heading to safer ground. Seems like a smart idea.

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
Thank god I live far away from hurricanes. I heard that some of my friends' family are just packing up into RVs and heading to safer ground. Seems like a smart idea.

Yeah it makes me feel lucky to live in the UK where it just rains all the time and we don't tend to get freak weather. I've certainly never been caught up in a hurricane. And it does sound like a better idea, that way if something was to happen they'd be safe.

-Luke.

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
Yeah it makes me feel lucky to live in the UK where it just rains all the time and we don't tend to get freak weather. I've certainly never been caught up in a hurricane.
But we have been getting more extreme weather lately (Birmingham etc.).

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score

Really? The storm is only a category 2 which is pretty puny from my experience. Even when threatened by Rita and Katrina we didn't move. Just boarded up windows for those storms, but fortunately we don't have to worry about flooding since our house is on a hill a few feet above street level. If our house gets water to our doorstep, the rest of Houston is guaranteed to be underwater

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Really? The storm is only a category 2 which is pretty puny from my experience. Even when threatened by Rita and Katrina we didn't move. Just boarded up windows for those storms, but fortunately we don't have to worry about flooding since our house is on a hill a few feet above street level. If our house gets water to our doorstep, the rest of Houston is guaranteed to be underwater

YAY for hills lol. :biggrin:

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Heh, the last time a tornado/hurricane hit where I live was back 25 some years ago and we never even lived here at that time so I've never experienced a big storm.
Spartan Erik said:
Wow, that must be a nice hill! :biggrin:

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
That's good news, they've just got to make sure they're prepared for any flooding then.

-Luke.