Troubleshooting connection issues

GtoXic

x10 Support
Reaction score
Incoming connections to your dedicated IP are automatically NAT'd to your assigned private IP, so if you were running a web server on 0.0.0.0:80, in theory it should work. When you connect to the VPN you are assigned a private IP of 5.x.x.x.

I tried this, doesn't work sadly :( It'd be a great alternative to port forwarding though if it did work :)

ezadx10b

Reaction score
i still cant connect to x10vpn..im using window 7 x64..it say the remote device or resource won't accept the connection.:frown:

kryptofire

Reaction score
Is this beta service still available? I remembered I was the 700+ user to signup, connected just fine and had a dedicated ip assigned to me. But it has already been around 2-3 months that I can't use the service.

And as told by GtoXic on page two, the result on http://toxic-productions.com/x10stuff/vpnstatus.php is:
Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen.php]: unable to connect to server1.x10vpn.com:1723 (Connection refused) in /home/admin/public_html/x10stuff/vpnstatus.php on line 2

Details:

Address: server1.x10vpn.com
Port: 1723

There have been reported problems with the VPN. Particularly, Windows will return error code 619. This is not a problem with your network. - 24/07/2012

Any other guys having the same problem?

SylvanOgre

Reaction score
Sadly, I think this has been abandoned for now. All of the posts are either months old, or recent like the ones you and I have posted. I havent seen any posts (or results :confused:) by any system administrator types since June. It stopped working for me with the shift to the new domain names.